I got a gig learning gunsmithing...

barleydog

local gunsmith is gonna take me in under his wing...show me the ins and outs....im gonna give him a day a week and make as much a hand as I can.....
so far we color case hardened an action on an older rifle....man it came out pretty....it was really cool. perhaps he will let me make some rifles for myself...anyway....just thought id share

Learn everything you can, but don't think you are ready to start on your own because most good smiths have been at it more than 20 years and they learn something new every day.

It is great to have someone to help you along, and good of him to take the time and help you. Everyone needs a mentor, so take advantage of what he shows/teaches you and it should make you want to learn more.

Good luck and enjoy. (Be sure and thank him because not many will take the time to help someone new):)

J E CUSTOM

Learn everything you can, but don't think you are ready to start on your own because most good smiths have been at it more than 20 years and they learn something new every day.

It is great to have someone to help you along, and good of him to take the time and help you. Everyone needs a mentor, so take advantage of what he shows/teaches you and it should make you want to learn more.

Good luck and enjoy. (Be sure and thank him because not many will take the time to help someone new):)

J E CUSTOM
YEAH...I got about 20 yrs till retirement...it was really nice of the guy, I met him only once before....im pretty excited...thankfully I have a good enough job to be able to afford to work with this guy on my free time...

local gunsmith is gonna take me in under his wing...show me the ins and outs....im gonna give him a day a week and make as much a hand as I can.....
so far we color case hardened an action on an older rifle....man it came out pretty....it was really cool. perhaps he will let me make some rifles for myself...anyway....just thought id share

Can you handle a pun, you lucky dog you?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.