I found love with Leica scopes

what's the weight? and do you guys have a close up pic of the elevation turret?

did i read it only has 18moa of horizontal adjustment with the zero stop? how could it be so little?

I am not sure of the actual internal total elevation adjustment, but you are limited to one complete revolution of the turret and I am pretty sure it is 18 MOA. I have mine on my 243AI and one on a lightweight 280AI so it is not a real big deal as I never shoot much further than 800 with either of these rifles, but it kinda kills the usefulness of the 20 MOA bases I have on those rifles.
There is probably a pin in there somewhere that can be removed to fix the problem but there is no scale so you would constantly be wondering if you remembered to dial back down. Which leads to pulling bolts and bore sighting several times a day for me :D

so 18 minutes of dial up, plus a rail, plus the drop compensation marks.....not enough?

Since I do not use the drop compensation marks 18 MOA is not enough. I have the ballistic reticule but have never sat down with the scope to determine the value of each substention, but I prefer not to use reticules on SFP scopes.

The 20 MOA rail is made useless because of the one turn limitation. The only thing it effects is how the internals are centered in the tube body.

I bought the second one of these knowing the limitation because I like the scope that much. It is not the end all be all of long range scopes by any means, but it a great midrange scope. The clicks feel kinda mushy but it has always dialed where I wanted it.

what's the weight? and do you guys have a close up pic of the elevation turret?

did i read it only has 18moa of horizontal adjustment with the zero stop? how could it be so little?

Haven't weighed mine, but according to Leica they are just a hair over 1 lb.

Also, mine doesn't have the exposed dial. It does have a protective cover that unscrews.........apparantly Leica listened to the review and began putting removable covers on the dials.? I am assuming I've got the latest version, because it shipped from Leica.

is there a zero stop on the leica with the dust cap? or just the exposed turret? and also, could you take the zero stop out somehow if you wanted to do more than one rotation?

is there a zero stop on the leica with the dust cap? or just the exposed turret? and also, could you take the zero stop out somehow if you wanted to do more than one rotation?

There is no stop on the low pro dust cap model I have. Standard low profile capped adjustments.

I just recently bought myself one of the new Leica 3.5x14 IBS G7 rifle scopes. I have tried most of the others IE/ S&B, NF, Huskemaw etc. etc. The Leica is the hands down stand out for clarity.... but... be aware of the limited MOA of travel if your main objective is LR shooting. The vertical travel is limited to 33 MOA. If you contact G7 concerning a precision turret, they refer you to KENTON INDUSTRIES. The good folks at KENTON do offer a custom turret for Leica scopes but state that you must use a 15 MOA base, and a 20 MOA would be better.
Living in Northern New Mexico, and having hunted in Africa, my all time favorite is still the HUSKEMAW BLUE DIAMOND for simplicity and speed of use.

How does the glass on the Leica compare to the Huskemaw? I really like the Leica but I wonder how reliable the elevation adjustments are on the turrets.. I think I can live with the limited moas as long as they are reliable

How does the glass on the Leica compare to the Huskemaw? I really like the Leica but I wonder how reliable the elevation adjustments are on the turrets.. I think I can live with the limited moas as long as they are reliable
The Leica glass is excellent, the best that I have used which includes most of the top rated scopes I/e NF, S&B, Leupold, Vortex etc. The adjustments are smack on, the only downer that I have found is the limited MOA of vertical travel, which I somewhat cured w/ the 20 MOA base. The vertical adj. is exposed and has a zero stop which limits to only one full rotation of the turret (360 degrees) After talking with the folks at Kenton Industries, they offer a custom turret without the top end zero stop. I plan to get a turret from Kenton as soon as I get all my data for a CHRISTIAN ARMS 300WSM, which is a whole different story.

The view through anything Leica makes is the best IMO. I guide elk and deer hunters 6 months a year and am tough on all my gear I go to great lengths to take extra care for all my optics. I bought one of the new apo
spotters when they came out and was blown away at the image quality. But their warranty help has diminished horribly over the last five years to the point I sold every piece of Leica glass I owned. Their costumer service is some of the worst in the optics world at this point. I have since switched back to Swaro for everything but my rifle scopes at this point. In the middle of a hunt when something fails I have not the time to argue with a rep why something is wrong. It's much more pleasant to walk back in to the store and have a rep tell the store clerk to get you a new one a asap and apologise for the mishap. Hope all goes well with your new scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.