I finally did it-- I won a 6.5-300 Weatherby...

Pa Teeny

I finally won on a gun ticket.....but oh my $75 a box of shells.....

anyone shooting this at deer in PA?

Are you reloading?

I finally won on a gun ticket.....but oh my $75 a box of shells.....

anyone shooting this at deer in PA?

Are you reloading?
Congrats, be smart, don't shoot it hot, and keep your shot strings to 3 rds then let it cool down completely.

Stay well off of max velocity and you'll get years of enjoyment out of it. Even being conservative you should be able to run 140's at 3400fps or more I should think.

YOU can always flip it ,be hard press on that idea.any way congrads on the win...:)
Oh I love it, but I have been reminded why I warn everyone off of wildcats since getting it. It's been a one holer with three different bullets so far and I'm pretty sure it's going to run the new VLR5 143's @ around 3250fps which will absolutely ideal for my purposes.

When I get frustrated I just pick up one of the .260's and give it hell HA!

I've just had it way too easy all these years when the most exotic thing I've owned was the collection of STW's and of course I got in on the ground floor with them buying one of the first production rifles Remington Custom Shop made and started loading for it immediately.

This has been a challenge, particularly with the necking down and custom dies etc but even the added expense and learning curve has been worth it for me.

Besides it's great bait to get Mario and the kids back up. Last year they had a blast in spite of the cold weather and we're eaten up so bad with hogs right now they are going to rock it with the 6.5's next month.

Proprietary cartridges aren't cheap. My 30 Nosler runs $75.00 for a box of 20 Trophy Grade Ammo with 210 gr LRABs or $70.00 for 25 unprimed Nosler Brass. Love the Rifle and the round. Gives me 2,947 FPS out of my M 48 Liberty with the 210 gr Noslers. Dropped my Bull Elk at 300 yards within a few yards. Just understand the cost to get started. I'll reload all of my Brass now, trying Hornsby 212s, Berger 210s and Barnes 200s with the usual suspects as fuel, but it costs at first!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.