I either screwed up or made the best decision ever

I'm in the Best thing that you've done camp.

My grandmother could out-shoot the lot of us, easily. She just wasn't all that interested or challenged by it, so she didn't do it very often.
I'm quite sure that my wife can out-shoot me. She out-shot a friend, with his Barrett .50 BMG! Had to build her a 10/22 because I never got to shoot mine, but I did get to keep buying ammo for it.

I have a theory that women, generically having slower metabolisms, have slower heart-rates. In addition to the other reasons suggested earlier in this thread I see this being a big part of why they shoot better too.

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.

**** IT

SHES A KEEPER!!!

KUDOS

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.
Sounds like a blank check for "HER" next rifle that you could borrow every now and then.

Last edited:
I'm in the Best thing that you've done camp.

My grandmother could out-shoot the lot of us, easily. She just wasn't all that interested or challenged by it, so she didn't do it very often.
I'm quite sure that my wife can out-shoot me. She out-shot a friend, with his Barrett .50 BMG! Had to build her a 10/22 because I never got to shoot mine, but I did get to keep buying ammo for it.

I have a theory that women, generically having slower metabolisms, have slower heart-rates. In addition to the other reasons suggested earlier in this thread I see this being a big part of why they shoot better too.
What world shooting records do women have then where it's open class and includes men/all genders? Enlighten me...

I'll be interested to find out if family spending on purses, heels and jewelry goes down while gun spend is doubling
My wife spends near zero on that stuff, not like I would care of she did, she's just not into it. She can sqeeze a penny 'til Lincoln cries.
I doubt she'll go hog-wild on shooting gear either. I'll just buy it and out her name on the gift tag.

I had a girlfriend outshoot me and a couple friends of mine about 35 years ago. She went 4 for 4 on tennis balls at 100 yards...offhand. We've been married 33 years now, and she can still outshoot me with a rifle offhand. I thought I could beat her with a shotgun, until we went quail hunting a couple years ago...nope! I can still shoot circles around her with a handgun. I can't imagine life without her. I'd say you did well!

When i taught hunter/shooter education back in the 80s & 90s it was always apparent at the range that the girls usually ended up with the best groups on the targets. I believe the boys had developed bad B-B gun "bag manners". While the girls listened well to instructions because most had never handled firearms before.
Im sure you have heard that men and women think with opposite sides of our brains. Its been my experience that the old saying , men see the forest, women see the trees, couldn't be more true . Women will meticulously go through the process each time they settle into a weapon. Us guys are more concerned with the end product.

I had a girlfriend outshoot me and a couple friends of mine about 35 years ago. She went 4 for 4 on tennis balls at 100 yards...offhand. We've been married 33 years now, and she can still outshoot me with a rifle offhand. I thought I could beat her with a shotgun, until we went quail hunting a couple years ago...nope! I can still shoot circles around her with a handgun. I can't imagine life without her. I'd say you did well!
Wife, best friend and shooting companion all in o e neat little package! It doesn't get any better. My has her own pistol and we shoot once in awhile but not often. She likes to fish if they are biting but won't bait the hook. Once when the kids were little we all went fishing and they were bitting like crazy. I got so busy keeping the kids lines baited that she started baiting her own. I teased her that she did know how and she remarked, "I never said I didn't know how, I just DON'T like to!" That's still one of our fondest memories, having a companion to share your interests is priceless.

View attachment 228770
I've created a monster.
Either lucky or jealous. She must have some natural talent.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.