I either screwed up or made the best decision ever

Women are amazing shooters for the most part . If they go to the trouble to do it, they are detail oriented and pay attention to coaching . I taught several women to shoot archery back when i was doing the archery pro thing , and never had to give them the same pointer more than twice , and 90% of the time once . My ex already knew how to make a bow talk the first time she picked one up, just because she WATCHED me shooting . She was better at waiting for the shot to break from the get go than i was and i was competitive nationally when she first picked one up ! She was also no. 1 in the trophy class indoor locally , COED , in her first ever indoor league .

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.
WELLLLL! she can't ever say the shooting was an accident...LOL

I love it! My wife rarely shoots with us anymore but when our two older children where young she shot with us all the time. Her and my daughter can both out shoot me and the boys. Like Garybaker1960 said they listen to the instructors and they did not grow up playing cowboys and Indians, learning a bunch of terrible habits you have to undo😂!!! They have better nerves too, once they zero in on something it is a done deal! They can manage a half dozen children at a time, work a job and still keep the house in order and manage you and supper too! Shooting a gun ain't nothing! Hence, the best words in the English language are "Yes Mama"!😂 The sooner you learn them the happier your gonna be and you may even live longer!😂

As an example my wife fell last year and broke her leg. One day she road with my youngest son and I to the range to watch him shoot. We were shooting 22's at 110 yards. I told him his mom could out shoot both of us. He laughed and said, "Pops! Mom can't shoot! Can she?" He was about three when my wife quit going to shoot with us and had never seen her shoot. I ask my wife if she wanted to shoot and she declined. She said it was to much trouble to get out of the truck but our son began to give her a hard time so she got out and we helped her to the bench. We were shooting spent 20 ga shells off a berm. She missed the first shot but not by much. My son laughed "Ha she missed!" She proceeded to shoot the next thirty without a miss, just clipping the tops! When she finished as we were helping her back to the truck he laughed and said "Mom can shoot!"She looked at him and respond with a smile, "I don't see what the big deal is, it's got a scope and a trigger! It'd been more fun without the scope!" LOL, demoralized and shamed by your mom!!! I've seen her shoot the head off a snake with an Airweight 38 and I can't hit the broadside of a barn with the thing!😂

Enjoy it man! I love it when my wife and daughter shoot with us but in the words of a wise man "If she gets mad and starts throwing things whatever you do don't run!"😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Took my grand kids out shooting this spring. Started them at 100 yard and worked the out to this coyote at 715. Both of them hit it first shoot. Theres something said for the art of Listening!!!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_d35.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d35.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 89
And there within lies the answer. Most of us old enough on here grew up shooting without a can. They have been spoiled so to speak with learning to shoot with the use of a can. If we had the opportunity in our younger ears most here would have been better shooters and better hearing. My .02 worth.

My wife tends to shoot better than me. She is disciplined with detail and fundamentals, so she gets very repeatable results. This is very common. Just look at all of the guys above who just admitted it. ;)
When i taught hunter/shooter education back in the 80s & 90s it was always apparent at the range that the girls usually ended up with the best groups on the targets. I believe the boys had developed bad B-B gun "bag manners". While the girls listened well to instructions because most had never handled firearms before.

Yes. We saw this in the 80's and 90's when training women in our club's Personal Protection Course's and small bore rifle training. By the end of the courses, it was very common for the novice wives or girlfriends to be out shooting their husbands or boyfriends. Not every man handled it well.

Decades ago, my female 1st cousin won several state rifle championships against a mostly male competition, and she had far less experience but was the best shooting student her coach had every worked with.
Been there ! Both of my daughters and wife are better shooters than I and sons and brothers , cousins . It's very common that they get invited to go on hunts as spotters or backups

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.