I either screwed up or made the best decision ever

Yes. We saw this in the 80's and 90's when training women in our club's Personal Protection Course's and small bore rifle training. By the end of the courses, it was very common for the novice wives or girlfriends to be out shooting their husbands or boyfriends. Not every man handled it well.

Decades ago, my female 1st cousin won several state rifle championships against a mostly male competition, and she had far less experience but was the best shooting student her coach had every worked with.
Same with skiing or golf. We macho types think we know how to go for it while the lasses listen to the instructors.

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.
Dam nice shooting espically standing nice grouping

Had a similar experience with my 14 Y/O granddaughter. Shot a 22 very little and center-fire never. I zeroed the rifle and she went 12 for 15. with a 6.5 CM at 738 yds her very first time. She went 8 straight before a miss. She had superb breath and trigger control with no prior training. When she finished I wondered why her last 6 shots were a little more hit and miss. When it cooled down I found the can had worked loose. Just love girls with guns (as long as they are on my side).

View attachment 228770
I never should have asked her to come along. 700 yds, first time behind my Savage 110 Precision in 6.5CM. She's like..."Is this what you're always working on? That wasn't hard at all."
I've created a monster.
My wife hasn't shot a rifle in at least 5 years. 4/5 on the plate from standing rest, using Armageddon OG Gamechanger. Phooey.
Clearly WINNING......& with the rifle too

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.