I drank the coax koolaid

Mine is the supreme. Waiting on the 'Consistent Crimp' handle to come back in stock at Titan Reloading.
That's a very interesting looking doo-dad.

Edit for OP:
I was looking for something else yesterday and remember I came across these for the Co-Ax, might be worth it if you stick with it.

Last edited:
All of you OLD press users what is wrong with you? COME ON MAN....YOU KNOW THE THING. There are all kinds of new wiz bang super awesome better than the last stuff we MUST HAVE and is so much better than the OLD worthless junk. Get with the modern times and sell your OLD no good junk, and order some custom measured super awesome sit around and talk about it stuff. I heard they are coming out with a new Rock Chucker its called the CHUCK A ROCK 6.5, and the back up is 28 ROCKS 2 CHUCK. Thanks for letting my day start off with a good note you old junk users.

All of you OLD press users what is wrong with you? COME ON MAN....YOU KNOW THE THING. There are all kinds of new wiz bang super awesome better than the last stuff we MUST HAVE and is so much better than the OLD worthless junk. Get with the modern times and sell your OLD no good junk, and order some custom measured super awesome sit around and talk about it stuff. I heard they are coming out with a new Rock Chucker its called the CHUCK A ROCK 6.5, and the back up is 28 ROCKS 2 CHUCK. Thanks for letting my day start off with a good note you old junk users.
There is nothing new about the coax....the design has been around forever. One of the main reasons I upgraded to it was how little it has changed since its days as the bonanza.

I started on an RCBS turret press then bought a Coax and Redding T7 turret. I gave away the RCBS at that point I like my Coax but I also like my T7 both are fine presses with pluses and minuses. The RCBS was functional and RCBS tech support was very very good to me over the years I literally wore parts out on that thing before upgrading to my current presses and RCBS would ship me replacement parts at no cost.

First of all I'm a new to this forum but been learning a lot from you guys so thanks. I'll get to the point, seen coax available at Scheels last week so I ordered it while I could, in the mean time while waiting I picked up an old rcbs junior press on cl for 50 bucks, been using lee challenger press which is pretty sloppy, I set up Jr press, used Redding body die and then lee collet die and seated with Forster die on challenger press, to my amazement I had less than .001 runout using Sinclair tool to measure. So I tried it again and again and wow making some straight bullets, 10 in a row, maybe 2 with 0015 runout, coax comes in, set it up, used same sequence and runout is all over the place, some good but most over .003, tried new Lapua brass and still not so good, challenger press would make .001 runout with new brass. So went back to old set up, readjust everything and good ammo again, I'm looking at this coax and seeing all the moving parts, shell holder ain't between the Rams and wondering how something like this can line up better than a ram going through one hole, which seems much simpler, any ideas, I'm thinking of sending it back and getting a rebel or a mec.
What ever your using to get .001 to .003 runout keep using it. I doubt I'd chase that much more. Take those .001 and .003 and shoot them with your highest run out loads I don't think you will find that much difference.

To many variables in the process and your chamber. Do a lot of testing . Try to make your process consistent throughout you'll be fine happy shooting

Sinclair makes excellent stainless lock rings that work well with the coax also.
I've been using my coax for about 10 yrs now and it sits next to a Redding BB2. Ive compared the ammo produced by both using same dies and components and don't see a difference. One thing that might be interesting to try is to use centers similar to a lathe to see how rams and die holes line up. Granted, there is some play in shell holders and plates that allow movement.
I used a Rockchucker for 30 years which I passed on to my son when he wanted to start handloading and its as tight as the day I bought it. It still loads very accurate ammo.
I have an Amp Press,Zero Press,Dillon 550c ,K&M Prcision with Wilson / Sinclair Micro Adjust Seater and and Hornady single stagecoach n load.And about every bushing g and mandrel I could find And there is very very little difference in any of the accuracy. It all has come down to neck tension in my experience
Another for the Rock Chucker. Mine is the supreme. Waiting on the 'Consistent Crimp' handle to come back in stock at Titan Reloading.

LOL...the next new super dupper real deal.

…all these new fangled presses! I still use a Hollywood Tool & Die press!
I do kinda want a Co-Ax…

I own two Dillons (a 450L and a RL550B), a RCBS Supreme, and a Co-Ax. I find that they all serve a purpose. the 450 is left set up to load .223, the 550 for handgun, and the Supreme and the Co-Ax for most everything else. The Co-Ax I've owned for 50+ years. It was manufactured by Bonanza, which ultimately became the Forester. It is the same press that is manufactured today minus a couple of upgrades (taller yoke, priming system, etc.). The only thing that I've done to this press was to go away from their sliding shell holder system and convert it to use individual shell holders. I found this to be an improvement. If the rifle is up to the task I can get one hole groups with my hunting loads and that is good enough for me. I don't find the RCBS press to be better or to produce a more consistent load but I'm not a competition shooter.