I didn't shoot this big dog.

I like to use 3/32 " 7x7 air craft cable some like 5/64 " . The shortest length that I use is 8 feet long ,so that a coyote has plenty to tangle up and chock themselves faster . You can buy the parts from a trapping supply house as well as buying premade snare's . O'Gorman , Minnesota trappers supply are a couple of places to look for books and or supplies .

I like to use 3/32 " 7x7 air craft cable some like 5/64 " . The shortest length that I use is 8 feet long ,so that a coyote has plenty to tangle up and chock themselves faster . You can buy the parts from a trapping supply house as well as buying premade snare's . O'Gorman , Minnesota trappers supply are a couple of places to look for books and or supplies .
Thompsons best i've used ,120 inches,1XX.

I sure like snaring and use a killpole wit it. 5ft 5/8 rebar for coyotes 1/2 rebar for beaver with big washer weld on. And about 30 inch #9 wire wrapped around 2 or 3 times. Hammer it in ground hook snare around rebar and thru washer. U dont have to tie anything off. U have snare support and anchor all in one .Plus if it's a good place leave rebar in place. For the yrs to come. U just need to bend the wire back. The one in picture is for beaver or coon.

Attachments

• 20200711_022710.jpg
    20200711_022710.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I sure like snaring and use a killpole wit it. 5ft 5/8 rebar for coyotes 1/2 rebar for beaver with big washer weld on. And about 30 inch #9 wire wrapped around 2 or 3 times. Hammer it in ground hook snare around rebar and thru washer. U dont have to tie anything off. U have snare support and anchor all in one .Plus if it's a good place leave rebar in place. For the yrs to come. U just need to bend the wire back. The one in picture is for beaver or coon.
Nice set up,will keep in mind.

In Texas Hill country and in the last 3 years have trapped or snared 77 coyotes. They were making a big buffet out of my deer, but putting a dent in them.
Great job,you will definitely see an increase in,beneficial game species,i surely have.

I first saw the rebar kill pole being used by Crag O'Gorman in the 80's . He was using 1/2 rebar with #9 wire on it for trail sets . He did have some good books and videos as well as on site training .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.