I could use some advice on Trail Cameras.

Tall

I am shopping for trail camera and I could use some expert knowledge on best value trail cams. I would prefer to keep it under 150.00. I want something that is a great all around no fail camera that will take pictures in day and night.

What are the worst cameras to stay away from?

What are your favorite cams that you love?

Within the 150 dollar limit I have had good luck with the Primos Truth Cam 35 as well as the Wildgame Innovations Micro 8; with the Micro 8 being my go to cam.

I have had the Micro 8 for 3 years and love it for the cost. I have left it in the mountains for months (rain/snow/heat) with zero issues. Battery Life is great with this cam and the pictures and video I would rate a 7 out of 10 for quality.

j3564wost

I always suggest the bushnell aggressor no flash, Good unit that seems to last forever. Check my other post under suggested camera and do it. You never know what you will get. Moose, deer, people, fisher, martins, coyotes, porkys, coons, fox, grouse, bear, squirrels, birds, and anything that lurks in your area.

I've owned them all from reconex to Moultrie I can tell you stay away from Moultrie wild game spartan had good success with Bushnell until they quit working called Bushnell the guy told me that they had a chip in them that needed updated after a few years which was a.pain to do recon ex are great but no worth the extra money friends of mine Gene and Barry Wensel put me on to browning cameras they are fantastic and you can't go wrong they use more cameras than any average person and gene told me about the strike force for around 100 dollars wish I had my 1300 back on my recon ex I would own 10 more strike force cameras. David

Hello David, sounds like you also been doing this for years like me. I can't comment on the newer bushnells as I've never needed to try any in the last five years. I do know mine is pretty bullet proof as I cam 6 solid months a year times 5 years and two drops out of trees due to wildlife. Will look into the strike force as I would like to add another at some point for more coverage.

Noticed you spoke of the Wensels, last I heard about them was when they were looking at that huge antler collection up here for sale. Maybe they wound up being in on it, don't know. I know Dick Idol took most of the credit though, that was my hunting mentor and a good friend of my Dads, Fred Goodwin that put that collection together originally. Some of the biggest antlers in the country I guess. When I get ready I'll read up on the current aggressors and check out the strike force as well. Hard to beat those videos I get now though. Dave

Hello David, sounds like you also been doing this for years like me. I can't comment on the newer bushnells as I've never needed to try any in the last five years. I do know mine is pretty bullet proof as I cam 6 solid months a year times 5 years and two drops out of trees due to wildlife. Will look into the strike force as I would like to add another at some point for more coverage.

Noticed you spoke of the Wensels, last I heard about them was when they were looking at that huge antler collection up here for sale. Maybe they wound up being in on it, don't know. I know Dick Idol took most of the credit though, that was my hunting mentor and a good friend of my Dads, Fred Goodwin that put that collection together originally. Some of the biggest antlers in the country I guess. When I get ready I'll read up on the current aggressors and check out the strike force as well. Hard to beat those videos I get now though. Dave
Yes I've spent thousands foolishly over the years I wish I had back I have had good longevity out of my Bushnell but I did have trouble with time and dates changing on me Bushnell had me download a card and install didn't help very long now date time not working at all still takes pictures OK since Gene told me about strike force elite I haven't looked back they are caught on sale some times for 99 dollars they work so good it worries me because it seems all good things come to an end but will continue with them until then. David

Thanks for the response, I'm looking at the browning dark op's. Pretty much the features and speeds I look for and good range for the dark IR flash. Do the brownings make noise when they activate? Some cams click and scare deer when they trigger....just wandering.

I haven't noticed any noise deer don't seem to walk right up to them like they do with my other cameras may be the small size I don't know I know wensels take lots of videos with theirs and get some unbelievable footage with them but living in Iowa they are in some of the best whitetail hunting in the world Kansas has almost ruined our hunting because of out of state tags being easy to get and outfitters running 20 people through an 80 during archery and gun season deer don't stand a chance but that is another topic but don't be afraid of the browning cameras I have no info on the black ops just the strike force because wensels have such good luck with them. David

Thank you for info, black op has invisible IR that's one thing deer notice with the bushnell its low glow but you can see it and so can they. Price is $110-120 so not much difference. Again thanks for info will post up when I put one into use. Dave