I bought the Meat Eater Vanguard

Dmagna

So as the title states I bought the weatherby meat eater edition vanguard. It's a sweet rifle for the wife, she didn't want the 7rem mag like I wanted. So 6.5 creed it was.

I really wanted to shoot the nosler partition so I started with that and Hornady brass. I finished load development yesterday night. Got a load that shoots about .75 inch at 100. The gun is very nice and accurate,

load 41.2 grains of H4350
Fed210m
2.27 b-ogive or .010 off lands
Nosler partition

Going to be a critter killer for sure. Going to be used for whitetail and maybe a black bear if one comes along.

Excellent choice! I recently bought the Mark V Camilla for my wife. I originally was going to buy the vanguard version in 7mm-08 for her. The only one I could find for her to tryout the stock was the Mark V Deluxe and once she saw it I couldn't talk her out of it. That stock and set up has made a huge difference for her! She also got the 6.5 CM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.