"I-Bolt" 700 Clone

From an article written in 2011:

S&W hired long-gun veteran Steve Skrubis as the long-gun product manager to guide the company into manufacturing rifles and shotguns.

Smith & Wesson first considered buying a rifle company or improving on existing designs, but it finally settled on creating its own rifle from scratch.

Mass-producing centerfire rifles takes more than good ideas and a few mechanical drawings. Smith & Wesson made a substantial investment in new machines and stock molds.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/longgun_reviews_ibolt_081507/100341#

Regards.

From an article written in 2011:

S&W hired long-gun veteran Steve Skrubis as the long-gun product manager to guide the company into manufacturing rifles and shotguns.

Smith & Wesson first considered buying a rifle company or improving on existing designs, but it finally settled on creating its own rifle from scratch.

Mass-producing centerfire rifles takes more than good ideas and a few mechanical drawings. Smith & Wesson made a substantial investment in new machines and stock molds.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/longgun_reviews_ibolt_081507/100341#

Regards.
Thanks for the Reply. I have read that Article. My brief Web knowledge of this Rifle and S&W at the time, was that it was most likely a hodge-podge of Imported Parts. After all, the reason for the Recall on the early Rifles was due to one Manufacturer that leads me to believe they had more than one making just that particular Part. I also read where an Engineer for the Company stated there was a more inherent flaw with bolt that would cause the Rifle to expire or rather it would cause a short Life expectancy in lieu of this Flaw. Hence the reason they stopped production. I'm still wondering what the Flaw is. My interest lies in a 700 Action that has the advantage of a 3 Lug bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.