I bit the bullet and ordered my new scope finally.

trevor73402

After several months of tinkering with my rifle and working up a good hand load I finally broke down and ordered a quality optic as well as a new stock for my gun. I have been using a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 with a target dot and it is a good scope, but it wasnt going to cut it for what Im wanting to do with this rifle so after "shopping" for many months I ponied up and ordered a NightForce NSXII in 5.5-22X50 with the Zero stop turrets and the Mil-dot recticle. Im really excited about it! I also made a call to Stocky's and ordered a new H.S. Percision Pro-Series M24 Verticle grip Varmit/Tacticle in the Olive/black web and it was in stock and shipped out today!! My wife almost ran the car off the road when I told her how much the NightForce cost, but being the good wife she is, she just smiled and said whatever makes you happy dear......I feel that there will be a shopping spree in her future as payback. Anyway I just thought I'd share this with you all. Any pointers or tips on the scope or the stock would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and safe shooting,

Trevor,
Congratulations on the new toys. They should be great additions to any rifle. What rifle/caliber are you putting these on? JohnnyK.

I guess I should have said what gun/caliber it is..

Its a Rem 700 SPS in .300WSM

I really love this gun so far. Ive got a pretty good load going for it right now and Im excited about getting the new scope and stock on. After that I guess it all just comes down to me as far as shooting/skills.

On a side note....Does anyone know of any good shooting ranges in or close to southern oklahoma or north central texas? Ive looked all over the net and I cant find any with more than a 100-200 yd range. I can shoot that far at my house off my back porch.

Trevor, Congratulations on the new scope and stock...top shelve components. Great that the stock will be there so soon. What kind of timeframe are they giving you on the scope and how was their customer srevice? I'm in the market for a new Nightforce. Just curious.

And yes there's probably going to be a spending spree in the future...After about 34 years of marriage I figured out a system. I don't want to hi-jack your post, so I share my system on another post if anyone's expresses an interested...It does work.:)

Trevor, Congratulations on the new scope and stock...top shelve components. Great that the stock will be there so soon. What kind of timeframe are they giving you on the scope and how was their customer srevice? I'm in the market for a new Nightforce. Just curious.

And yes there's probably going to be a spending spree in the future...After about 34 years of marriage I figured out a system. I don't want to hi-jack your post, so I share my system on another post if anyone's expresses an interested...It does work.:)

Yes I think I got pretty lucky with the stock being "in stock". I was expecting a pretty good wait from what I had read, but they just happen to have the olive/web and the tan/web for the Rem. 700 SA in stock and ready to ship. A girl answered the phone at Stocky's and she was very nice and knew her stuff. She confirmed that the stock I was looking at would indeed fit my rifle correctly and she had my order processed in less than 10 minutes of phone time and that was with me asking questions. I also checked on the Bell & Carlson Medallist in the same style for my new Savage and she told me to expect a 6-8 week backorder/wait. Overall Stocky's was a pleasure to deal with.....So far.

As for the NF scope I ordered it from Bear Basin Optics. I looked at many places and chose this place. I have friends that have used Bear Basin and had good things to say about them. I called and a girl answered the phone and was knowledable about the sales and promotions, but directed me to a Tech out in the shop area to answere my specific NF scope questions and also to ensure that the scope I was ordering was in stock. The Tech was very nice and knew his stuff also. I answered my questions and confirmed that my scope was in stock (he actually went and got it off the shelf while I was on the phone) and flagged it as sold and ready to ship. I ordered a set of rings from them also for the scope since it was 30mm and mine were 1" that I have currently. Here is a big BONUS at bear basin optics. They have 12 months NO Intrest on NightForce, Leuop, Leica, and a few others. I thought this was a great deal. Lots of people dont have the money to drop $1500-$2000 on a scope and this would give them the chance to pay it out in 12 payments intrest free!! Why not use their money for a year?? Anyway the scope shipped out yesterday and will arrive at my place on the 25th!! Thats pretty fast!! Overall Bear Basin was excellent to deal with and thier prices are right there in line with most everyone else.

So for Stocky's and Bear Basin I'll be a repeat customer.

Trevor, thanks for giving such detailed feedback. Twelve months no interest, haven't seem that yet with some other Nightforce dealers I've been checking out. The 25th that is quick...just b4 Turkey Day.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.