I am trying to get into 7mmSTW

Again
I have to pull the thread back to 7 STW.....
Now all of you turn off your devices and get ready to watch the Canadian gals play hockey!

Poulin is "our" 7 STW! Hope I know how to cook crow in the morning...
Any body have a good recipe for crow?
Maybe if I shoot one witha 7 STW there will will only be feathers left to eat?
Congrats to the USA ladies on their gold medal.

You can get a new Winchester 70 with a pre64 action built up to modern standards for cheaper than a pre 64! Use those as a project!

Semi related story, one person found an old typewriter and cut every single key off of it and sold them on eBay for $1.50 each, and after a little research they found out they had one of 2 of those typewriters in existence, worth tens of thousands of dollars, and they sold most of the only irreplaceable parts of that typewriter.

It makes me cringe at taking apart and only using the parts we like on classic anything's
He'd be better off finding a beater used Pre 64 or New Haven built CRF.

I'm not confident they've worked the bugs out yet on the new production models since moving the production facilities to Portugal.

I've see quite a few Pre 64's that were not in mint condition selling on GB for fairly reasonable prices whereas there is now a premium on the Newhaven built CRF's.

Oh take the knife out of my heart for the 3rd time. Et tu Brutae? I would put that action on a shelf with other trophies I am sure it has a rich history and only if it could talk.

If it were legally possible I would trade him an R700 that has been trued and blue printed. The barrel is worth a lot too.

Dear Jack O:
Please forgive the unwashed
I feel ya but nothing honors the old workhorse like a new life.

He'd be better off finding a beater used Pre 64 or New Haven built CRF.

I'm not confident they've worked the bugs out yet on the new production models since moving the production facilities to Portugal.

I've see quite a few Pre 64's that were not in mint condition selling on GB for fairly reasonable prices whereas there is now a premium on the Newhaven built CRF's.
I "think" the New Haven ones were done around mid 2004 or 5 when they shut the plant down with the union going on strike? Then when the union contract would have been up in 2008 they fired production in Carolina. These CNC beauties are wonderful. I think I have a couple.......dozen
These are great for a custom Rifle
I had a 1992 super grade from the custom shop that was awedul. A 2004 from Connecticut that is ok . The 2008 and up are better than the pre-64's. I still love my mybPre-64's though . In case you are wondering I own lots of Remmy's too. My current f Class is build on a M700. I have a M70 FN police special (what ever that means) I am going to build a 5.56 f class on.

Good luck and shoot straight and have fun.

From what I understand only final assembly is done in Portugal, still machined in So Carolina. I've got a Carolina built Featherweight and a Portuguese built EW and they're both excellent.

Yes I believe so. For the first years up to??? They were assembled in Carolina
Great actions to build on regardless.

My M70 was made in 2015, I don't know when the moved assembly to Portugal but it's a damned fine rifle. Arguably better than the pre 64 in 30-06 I had before I (regrettably) sold. Lighter, more refined. Both have CRF actions. I've heard nothing but good things from the m70's built in the past 3 years or so as well so it's not just me.

Am I the only one thinking " I wanna see the 7 Mag Mosin Nagant! "?

I have a video showing the 7mmRemMag Mosin Nagant with the button I designed to extract unfired long ammo.

I also have a pic of a deer I shot with a Mosin Nagant I converted to 300 Win Mag with a Krieger barrel

Attachments

• 3x3 mule buck 300WinMag Mosin Nagant 125 gr NBT b10-29-2015.jpg
    3x3 mule buck 300WinMag Mosin Nagant 125 gr NBT b10-29-2015.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 21
If I had it all to do again, and could only keep one, I would have kept my Sharpshooter, in STW, of course.
Great shooter, very classy, exceptional workmanship, and that Schneider barrel, just has no equal. And trigger was sweeeeet!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.