I am so depressed

gspman

I am so depressed...
I was all set...cocked locked and ready to head out to elk camp in Tex Creek in a couple weeks.
All my gear is already pre-inspected,cleaned, fixed...ready to pack, all details double checked, ammo loaded, rifles sited in, knives sharpened, truck and trailer serviced, new tires,,,ect..

Then the septic system took a dump literally.2 weeks ago...then last week the furnace guy says my funace is toast.

I can't believe so much expense could come in so short of time, Never the less my hunting is done for this year.
No way to get funds to drive to idaho from wisconsin or buy tags except a loan from the bank....not doing that...wife says go ahead.......arrrgggg

You folks, please help me by posting pics of your camp and hunt in the coming weeks....please !!!!!!!!

I am going nuts here

be smart. loans suck to pay back and there is always next year to plan for an even better and more memorable trip. this years wasnt meant to be

DO NOT take out a personal loan to fund your hunting trip. By the time you are finished getting it paid off, you will have paid for two hunting trips when the interest is added in. You are smart to not give in to that loan temptation. There are plenty of elk and deer years ahead. Take care of your family and the rest will fall into place. Besides..I am here looking at my BS tarot cards and you were going to miss anyways :)

Completely sympathize with your situation. About a month ago dropped $7k on new HVAC system and water heater. To say it altered my hunting season/vacation plans is an understatement.

ahhhhh what a bummer. There are elk everywhere this season here in Idaho. Mild last winter, huge calf crop, and your messin with the septic.

I feel for you buddy :)

I'm not going because all my buddies are broke(well relatively...we're all basically poor anyway).

The ones with horses anyway...and a big diesel truck and horse trailer.

I have one buddy that would meet me in CO., but he would have to drive from northern Montana and I would from eastern South Dakota. That would be fairly expensive just in fuel.

We wouldn't have horses and neither one of us can pack an elk out. It is a couple miles from the last camping area(end of road) to the nearest decent elk and about 3 drainages. I'd do it with 2 people and 3 horses in one truck but not 2 people and no horses and 2 trucks.

Oh well, I'll draw a SD Elk tag one of these years pretty soon.

I usually do all the HVAC in the house myself. Just replaced the A/C condenser motor a month ago. Replace the furnace a few years ago and re-routed a bunch of the air. Luckily we have city sewer so no problems there.

I'm not going because all my buddies are broke(well relatively...we're all basically poor anyway).

The ones with horses anyway...and a big diesel truck and horse trailer.

I have one buddy that would meet me in CO., but he would have to drive from northern Montana and I would from eastern South Dakota. That would be fairly expensive just in fuel.

We wouldn't have horses and neither one of us can pack an elk out. It is a couple miles from the last camping area(end of road) to the nearest decent elk and about 3 drainages. I'd do it with 2 people and 3 horses in one truck but not 2 people and no horses and 2 trucks.

Oh well, I'll draw a SD Elk tag one of these years pretty soon.

I usually do all the HVAC in the house myself. Just replaced the A/C condenser motor a month ago. Replace the furnace a few years ago and re-routed a bunch of the air. Luckily we have city sewer so no problems there.
Hay I got all that stuff

ahhhhh what a bummer. There are elk everywhere this season here in Idaho. Mild last winter, huge calf crop, and your messin with the septic.

I feel for you buddy :)

Sorry kcebcj. No elk where I went yesterday! Was a day of wrong decisions on my part. Google on Timber Creek Pass to see where I was. Also see new post on this forum.

Sorry about cher semer. I live in Tex Creek Unit 69. Will hunt the heck out of it this season as I didn't draw on a more preferred unit. Which may have been a good thing as I hunted with my son in law, archery, no elk only wolves. It was unit 51.

If ya wanna hunt tex creek in the future I'll go the Bed and Breakfast thing if you'd like and if I'm still alive.:rolleyes:

Anything to help a fellow hunter.

Your a better man for taking care of your family first. Right will prevail something good will come out of this.

I guess **** really does happen sorry to hear you bad news and good luck to you for next year ;-)

thanks for all your sympathies....

As it turns out my son can't go either, after last year we finally got all the gear to have a really fine camp. The only thing we would want and can't do is horses or mules. Otherwise we wanted for nothing.

He is just finishing up school and just got a job after his 2 tours in the sandbox with the marines. So he has not accrued enough vacation.

I figured this would have been a decent year for the elk in SE idaho, I was worried about the fires in the area. I don't think 69 got hit to bad?

Hope the weather is good for all of you,

I will do some hunting in the NW part of Wisco, but the dang wolves and black bears have put a serious wooping on the herd numbers here.

I might end up sitting in camp drinking beer. Not a total waste of time ......LOL

No fires in Units 66 or 69 - Tex Creek

Other than being super dry with fall settling in 3 weeks early things are normal. The elk above the diversion dam on the blackfoot river were rutting way early. Been going for the last 3 weeks.

Cold front passing through Wed. Drastic temp drop. Will scout my three hides Thur, Fri and Sat. Wolverine, Dan Creek and Lava Creek.

Come on out when you can.

super dry...kinda like it was 2 years ago.

Took some serious washing of the tent to get that red clay dirt out.
It has a permenent tint to it now from that trip...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.