I am falling apart ...

I wish you well and pray for a full recovery. I am blessed that today I turned 69 and am in pretty good shape. I had a bit of a blockage in my RCL last year but that all got taken care of. My mind says I'm in my 30s, but my body says i'm in my 60s but some days it says its in its 90s!
Coming out of Walmart today an old gentleman asked how I was and I said great, how about yourself. He said well I woke up today and no body was throwing dirt on me so I'm happy.
Happy birthday too. I am 69 today also.

I hear ya brother! I wish you a successful surgery with God guiding the surgeons hands. Speedy recovery process.
I've had two neck surgeries and 3 lower back surgeries. Thoracic vertebra going bad now. Plays hell with me everyday. Daily pain and limited ability now, but every time my eyes open in the morning, I praise the Lord for another day!
Degenerative Disk Disease
COPD on top of that doesn't help things.
I will say, listen to the physical therapist and work faithfully on the Rehabilitation Therapy and things will get better. God Bless and wishing you successful Recovery!
You sound as bad as me...currently 11 fused disks (7 middle/lower...4 in neck), I need at least 3 more in my lower back but just had an MRI that shows more neck issues...unknown what that willmean yet but definitely surgery required and I have been referred to the surgeon. I also have two torn tendons in my right shoulder and a badly torn rotator cuff...then, since those MRI's, I injured my left shoulder too! My military life was rough on me and the VA care has been too! I hope you get a good resolution soon! Btw, I had to retire permanently from my civilian job in 2016 even though I should be working age until 2030!

I completed my 5-month observation last week (after two 90-day observations), and all my blood work and CT scans were good. Not an immediate concern, but I have a fatty liver. But I have had it since the early 1980s. The area where the surgical oncologist removes the cancer cell continues to shrink. I am under a 6-month observation unless I feel pain again or experience jaundice. I have my fingers and toes crossed.
Today was the end of my 6-month observation. All my lab works, and the CT scan look good. It has been a year and a half of good news thus far; thank the Lord. My next oncology appointment is in August. Despite the good news, my wife and I asked for his support for a second opinion at MD Anderson Cancer Center (https://www.mdanderson.org/?invsrc=..._clickid=d3d646c7-d1ab-4dc2-8310-e2f980fe695d). He agreed and will send his report/help to my primary care doctor. Because it is outside of my insurance (Tricare for Life ) regional coverage, it must be coordinated with the appropriate agencies to extend the range.

Today was the end of my 6-month observation. All my lab works, and the CT scan look good. It has been a year and a half of good news thus far; thank the Lord. My next oncology appointment is in August. Despite the good news, my wife and I asked for his support for a second opinion at MD Anderson Cancer Center (https://www.mdanderson.org/?invsrc=..._clickid=d3d646c7-d1ab-4dc2-8310-e2f980fe695d). He agreed and will send his report/help to my primary care doctor. Because it is outside of my insurance (Tricare for Life ) regional coverage, it must be coordinated with the appropriate agencies to extend the range.
Sounds like things are going well. Best wishes and prayers that they continue. Have a nice evening.

1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png

Good to hear Ed !!!!

Ed, I'm really sorry that you've gone through so much. I'm even more sorry that somehow, I've missed this thread completely. But I've read every post tonight. Sonia and I are thrilled that you are doing well and hope you continue to thrive. We hope you can come to Idaho to recuperate. We'll take you fishing, morel mushroom picking, and huckleberry picking to aid in your recovery. AND, we can provide extra special libations and exotic cigars, and back yard rib steaks and crawdads, to aid your recovery! Please come!