I am falling apart ...

Well hope you are doing well. I have had both hands carpal tunnel release, both shoulders full orthoscopic, two neck operations with 4 fused, one knee replacement and one hanging on for now, plus 4 damaged vertabra in the back and and finally seperation in left saccro illiac.

My pain mgmt doc is giving me botox in the neck every 12 weeks to hold off the third neck operation which will make it straight with no movement. I do gel in the right knee every 6 months (all insurance will pay for) and it lasts 4 months or so then a cortisone shot to make it to the 6 month mark. 24 years in special opns, 1000 jumps and two major parachute accidents and I had too much fun!!

work the PT religiously and use the pain management doc routinely. They can stay on top of what is going on. My right shoulder was back at 90% + in 6 months and left took 18 months. Left knee replacement was pure hell. Operation took 2x as normal and they found out I am allegic to all the good meds, Occxy, hydrocodone, percocet etc. I lived on acetemetiphin and tramadol and that did not work.

Well hope you are doing well. I have had both hands carpal tunnel release, both shoulders full orthoscopic, two neck operations with 4 fused, one knee replacement and one hanging on for now, plus 4 damaged vertabra in the back and and finally seperation in left saccro illiac.

My pain mgmt doc is giving me botox in the neck every 12 weeks to hold off the third neck operation which will make it straight with no movement. I do gel in the right knee every 6 months (all insurance will pay for) and it lasts 4 months or so then a cortisone shot to make it to the 6 month mark. 24 years in special opns, 1000 jumps and two major parachute accidents and I had too much fun!!

work the PT religiously and use the pain management doc routinely. They can stay on top of what is going on. My right shoulder was back at 90% + in 6 months and left took 18 months. Left knee replacement was pure hell. Operation took 2x as normal and they found out I am allegic to all the good meds, Occxy, hydrocodone, percocet etc. I lived on acetemetiphin and tramadol and that did not work.
Thanks for your service! I completely understand those injuries and the volunteering for "fun" part too! I was unlucky enough to get hurt enough for an early medical retirement but loved serving for sure...11 fusions so far, with epidurals every 3 months until they don't work, then 3 more fusions to go!

Thanks for your service! I completely understand those injuries and the volunteering for "fun" part too! I was unlucky enough to get hurt enough for an early medical retirement but loved serving for sure...11 fusions so far, with epidurals every 3 months until they don't work, then 3 more fusions to go!
I get radio frequency ablasion RFA on my back every 8-12 months. 6 month shot in hip also. The botox in neck is holding off another fusion. Getting old sucks for sure

I'm still trying to get my knee back to 100%. The issue is a burning sensation at the meniscus and some numbing just above the knee. It actually seems to be worse after the surgery than it was before. Not sure I wan to try that one again. It's been a couple of months and I thought it would be good by now.

I am having a liver biopsy tomorrow due to a small mast found in the right liver. X-ray, CT scan, MRI, and ultrasound was not definitive enough and a tissue sample is a must.

Man,when I get to feeling sorry for myself due to pain and aging problems I just re-read this thread and see what my fellow hunters/shooters are going through and I feel like a million bucks!
FEENIX I had a liver biopsy and it was negative for cancer,yours most likely will be the same.
If you take a drink and fall to your knees in severe pain and can't take a full breath for several minutes you may have other problems but I wish you well my friend.If you could,please post your results so we won't be worried.