I am falling apart ...

Just a quick update. My Doc is pleased with my recovery now off the sling since yesterday. This Friday is my first PT, all I have done on my own are pendulum and grip strengthening exercises, but I already have a full range of motion. It is a little tight/stiff but no pain.
Good to hear you already have full motion. Enjoy PT, and know that pain is weakness leaving the body.
That is great to hear. Today is my second day after back surgery for a herniated disc. Still have a lot of pain. I would appreciate a few prayers.
Rick Richard I have offered a prayer to ease your pain and speed your recovery.

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Praying for your speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 my friend, I know the feeling, need a right knee done if I want to get on an Elk hunt. Can't get to the kitchen without limping 😝.

Praying for your speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 my friend, I know the feeling, need a right knee done if I want to get on an Elk hunt. Can't get to the kitchen without limping 😝.
Thanks! My wife had both her knees done a couple of years ago. I hope you get it done soon and go after the majestic wapitis. Good luck!

Ed

At the same time ?
Yep! She wanted to hike the Dolomites with her all-girls hiking/snowshoeing group in 2019 but there was a last-minute cancellation due to some logistic issues. It was changed to a river cruise hike in Croatia in 2020 but due to COVID, it was re-scheduled for Sep 2021.

Cathy's knees OPS.jpg

Glad to hear the good news about how the recovery is going
Just a quick update. My Doc is pleased with my recovery now off the sling since yesterday. This Friday is my first PT, all I have done on my own are pendulum and grip strengthening exercises, but I already have a full range of motion. It is a little tight/stiff but no pain.
Great to hear the good news. Follow the doctor's orders as he knows what ge saw and did in there! You'll be feeling like yourself again in no time!

Seems like we have quite a few injuries in this group at the moment...prayers sent to all that need them for speedy recoveries! I don't think that many of us prefer staying inside much!🙂

Glad to hear the good news about how the recovery is going

Great to hear the good news. Follow the doctor's orders as he knows what ge saw and did in there! You'll be feeling like yourself again in no time!

Seems like we have quite a few injuries in this group at the moment...prayers sent to all that need them for speedy recoveries! I don't think that many of us prefer staying inside much!🙂
Amen!

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Brother, I wish I had known you needed this, and I am going to put it out there for anyone with Carpal Tunnel problems. My RA Dr. Is a very bright man, and very good with needles. He developed a new procedure for this. He uses a local anesthetic. Then he scrapes the tunnel around the nerve with a needle, and sucks the scrapings in the syringe attached to it. He does this all guided by an ultra sound image on a screen. You can see the screen and watch the whole thing. Recovery is about 24hrs. The procedure just takes a few minutes, and it doesn't come back like conventional surgeries. Both my wife and I had it done when it was experimental. There are several Doctors doing this now across the country, so if anyone needs this surgery please look into this. It is fantastic, with much better outcomes than conventional surgery.

That is great to hear. Today is my second day after back surgery for a herniated disc. Still have a lot of pain. I would appreciate a few prayers.
Will be pulling for you! I believe the power of kindness does help you through theses difficult periods! Two shoulder surgeries in 2 years and appreciated all the kind thoughts from everyone. Get those trekking poles out to help you through movement!