I am falling apart ...

PT just a piece of cake! Done it twice in 2 years on same shoulder! It just gets old real fast the second time! Stay in tune with therapist and you will recover fast. It was ONLY when I tried to accelerate the recovery is when I got into a little trouble which caused me to shut down for a few weeks bu then it was full speed ahead again.

PT just a piece of cake! Done it twice in 2 years on same shoulder! It just gets old real fast the second time! Stay in tune with therapist and you will recover fast. It was ONLY when I tried to accelerate the recovery is when I got into a little trouble which caused me to shut down for a few weeks but then it was full speed ahead again.

^^^^^

Pay attention to that statement above. As a veteran of too many joint replacements (and a few other repairs) I know the truth to this. It is difficult to hold back when the repair feels better, but it it still healing even after it quits hurting so much. Patience is difficult, but essential.

A shoulder isn't really any worse than a knee to rehab, but the wait until you can start real PT is very much longer (mine was 5 weeks before anything) - especially mentally. Even when you do start real PT, hold back from doing dumb stuff and don't damage the healing tissue. Real healing takes time, especially when they sever muscles and tendons to do the repair work, and then for quite a while you are relying on the stitching to keep things together. An extra week or two of patience while tissue regenerates will pay dividends in later weeks of recovery, and for the rest of your life. Don't try to tough it out, thinking it will go faster. If you tear up what little they had to work with, they may not be able to re-repair the damage. Keep your eye on the end game.

Saw Doc 12 week follow up today and got cortisone shot to help reduce inflammation. Feels lot better. Problem is no rotator tendon on top now so working to get more muscle around joint for better support. Looks like I may be in cortisone shot maint plan for awhile.

If you guys want better pain control after your total shoulder arthroplasty or rotator cuff repair, have them use EXPAREL in the interscalene nerve block (this is the NB they use when operating). PM me info you want more info.

I am healing very well, no pain, and I cannot wait to do my PT starting 23 Jul.

Right shoulder rotary cuff  2021 surgery1.jpg