I am falling apart ...

Ed, I use these flexible cold wraps a lot and are nice to mold to your shoulder when you may not be able to use the cryo cuff. Plus I can take with me in cooler so they travel great. One really good use....wrap a bottle of beer to super cool it down!!!🤣🤣
View attachment 279203
I've put them into those flexible coolers for lunch. They froze my sangwiches lol.

Found out at the end of March that I had a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep and torn labrum in my right (shooting) shoulder. I was just starting a new project at work so I decided to put it off. I'm done with the project but now I wouldn't be recovered enough by the end of September. Looks like I am going to put it off until after the season now. Hopefully it will handle a range session and 100lb pack outs…😁 Keeping my fingers crossed…

It will not be fun! I killed nice buck with all 4 rotator tendons displaced, bicep tendon displaced, torn labrum, bone spurs and bone cyst with Hoyt Double XL at 62 lbs and was barely able to get to full draw. The pain was so intense my hat and shirt collar was soaking wet from pain sweat and it was 17 degrees!! It can be done but you will feel the wrath from it for sure. I did same thing until I killed buck then had surgery 2 1/2 weeks later!😂

I used my trekking poles a lot to offset the lack of strength and highly recommend consideration for them!

Good luck!

It will not be fun! I killed nice buck with all 4 rotator tendons displaced, bicep tendon displaced, torn labrum, bone spurs and bone cyst with Hoyt Double XL at 62 lbs and was barely able to get to full draw. The pain was so intense my hat and shirt collar was soaking wet from pain sweat and it was 17 degrees!! It can be done but you will feel the wrath from it for sure. I did same thing until I killed buck then had surgery 2 1/2 weeks later!😂

I used my trekking poles a lot to offset the lack of strength and highly recommend consideration for them!

Good luck!
I've been using trekking poles for years. They are a life saver with heavy packs. No way would I be able to draw a bow. Just need to squeeze the trigger once…

My right shoulder surgery yesterday AM went well. My doc said she was able to repair but to 8 anchor screws instead of the average 2 and did have to go to the cadaver option. Now for a long recovery period, 6-8 months. I will shoot for under 6.

Craig, I ended up with my Doc's preferred sling and a cryo cuff set up.

Ed
Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Ed! Good luck with every step of the process! Let your body dictate the time a little bit, (and it will be happy to tell you too!) otherwise it might take longer than necessary.

Thank you all for your well wishes!

Right shoulder rotary cuff  2021 surgery.jpg
Took the dressing out yesterday. Doing really good in pain management. I still have a week's worth of pain meds but stopped taking them today. I also stopped cryo cuff treatment.

Ed

Last edited:
Thank you all for your well wishes!

View attachment 279441T

Took the dressing out yesterday. Doing really good in pain management. I still have a week's worth of pain meds but stopped taking them today. I also stopped cryo cuff treatment.

Ed

p
As long as the inflammation stays down, that's really cool! The cryo-cuff can be a really good friend if it doesn't! 🙂