I am falling apart ...

UPDATE:

Finally, I am scheduled for 10 June right shoulder surgery. 😇

New ailments: :mad::mad::mad:

1. I have slight muscle pain in the lower rib area. It feels like when you overdo crunches. This has been going on for two weeks now. X-ray and EKG were good. CT scan showed a small mass on my right liver. Awaiting MRI appointment. Meantime, I was given Prilosec before meals to try.

2. Achilles tendonitis on my left ankle/foot. This has been going on for months, but I was toughing it out, and it finally caught up with me. X-ray seems to be OK, but Doc is sending me to do physical therapy.

3. I have had a recurring bloody nose that, when it bleeds it takes 45 minutes to an hour to stop—a very nasty and gross blood flow, mainly on the right. Have a referral to see ENT.

Ahhh, the golden years ...
Good luck on your surgery!

Something that helped me with the bloody nose thing was a twice daily sinus rinse (especially in dry climates...including the desert). There are several on the market, but I use NeilMed. It's weird feeling at first but it keeps the sinuses moist and clear. It has another good side effect for me...I have not had a cold or "the flu" since I started them over 10 years ago. I believe the salt/baking soda solution flushes out things that normally florish there and make you sick. However, I am not a medical expert, I was an Electronic Engineer...YMMV...but it really works for me.

I thought I was in pretty bad shape but after hearing all the health issues on this forum I think I'm in better shape than some.
I hope all get better because as we get older we need good health to enjoy the "Wonderful Golden Years!"
+1 We all have some issues, but still much to be thankful for. As the sayin' goes "A man was complaining about not having any shoes, until he saw a man with no feet." Prayers for much healing among the LRH folks so you can continue being a blessing to others.

I read somewhere that heart attacks come between the ages of 40-60 most often. Data showed that specific age group had the highest chance of having one with younger and older there is significantly less percentage of having one. It's cancer that gets the beyond 60 group and the below 40 group seems to be more prone to accidental death or cancer as well. Been years since I read this. I'm sure the numbers are different today bit probably fairly close.

Well, I am about 4 weeks post knee surgery and it appears to be healing. They use some sort of tourniquet to stop the blood flow to the knee while repairing it. They must use a hydraulic C clamp or something because my quad hurt way worse than my knee. It turned yellow and nasty from the bruising. I am back to about 80% right now and never took anything other than ibuprofen and a beer to get through the pain.

Well, I am about 4 weeks post knee surgery and it appears to be healing. They use some sort of tourniquet to stop the blood flow to the knee while repairing it. They must use a hydraulic C clamp or something because my quad hurt way worse than my knee. It turned yellow and nasty from the bruising. I am back to about 80% right now and never took anything other than ibuprofen and a beer to get through the pain.
That's a brutal surgery. I've watched dozens of them and they are much worse than hip surgeries. Lots of hammering and chiseling. Yes the tourney they use on the upper thigh is very tight to stop blood flow. Been thru some pretty bad injuries where pain meds were necessary. Vicodin doesn't work for me unless chased by a beer. The two combined is heaven and pain free living. Thankfully I haven't had to get use to that combo to often because while taking it, I can see how people get hooked.

VLD pilot is rite, knees are WAY worse then hips, had a bad hip since I was 11, got it replaced when I was 59, AFTER hauling my moose 1+ miles down the mountain, 5 trips, I could hardly walk when I was done, but had scheduled the surgery for my return, now, going on 63 I feel like a new man, it's time to go and do all I haven't been able to do for a long time. I wasn't kidding, Every day is a gift, make the most of them!

My dad did a double knee at age 65 because they say if you do 1, you never go back for the second. That was a difficult thing to watch my dad deal with. But in the end it was worth it.
Your Dad's a stud. He's one bad Mama Jamma getting both knees done together. Lots of PT and long full recovery time for sure. Hats off to your father for dealing with that at 65.

My dad did a double knee at age 65 because they say if you do 1, you never go back for the second. That was a difficult thing to watch my dad deal with. But in the end it was worth it.
I'm putting off a double so far myself and that is exactly what I was told that 70% of people will never go back for the second one

Life was easier when we passed away at 55.
Living longer means more repair time in the body shop. God help me if I make it to 93 like they all seem to say we should expect.

I'm calling BS on the 65 is the new 45 crap.
Yeah I call BS on the Dad bod too.

Recent Posts