I am falling apart ...

FEENIX

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
Ed,
Feel your pain! I go in Thursday for rotator cuff AGAIN on right shoulder! Had complete reconstruction in Dec 2018 and screwed it up ALL by myself. Spinals stenosis in lower back of worse rating, spinal arthritis in same area, neck stenosis and bad disk in neck. Still plugging along. The old saying "Grin and bear it" seems to be more and more applicable the older you get.

Then again, we are still VERTICAL so I can live with that! The big problem is no shooting rifle or bow for quite some time.:mad: My only absolute need to is to be able to pull bow by September for mule deer hunt in Montana with son and his friend!!! I will MAKE it happen!

All the best to you for speedy recovery and suggest asking about home traction for your pinched nerve in neck. I use home traction all the time and it works wonderful!

Wow, and I thought I was in bad shape being give my first prescription ever at 71 for thyroid. Hope your surgeries and recoveries are great successes.
The nerve issues scare me. I have very high pain tolerance, but the nerve issue on my hand is affecting muscle, so it needs to be dealt with immediately. As far as the pinched nerve on the neck, I really do not feel any pain—hopefully, it's nothing but physical therapy. The rotary cuff is supposed to be a re-injury/did not allow full recovery during my 2012 surgery. I had my surgery in July and bowhunting by September. The cartilage damage is pretty bad, but the good thing is that I have a full range of motion despite it. Oh well, it lasted for 9 years. While I can tolerate the pain and cannot do some strength exercises, it makes me clumsier.

Thanks.

Ed

Hang in there, it'll all turn out fine. Have faith and follow doc's instructions, dont hurry the recovery, if it takes longer than you'd like, then it is what it is.

Yes, getting older sucks but oh well, life goes on and all we can do is make the best of it.

Stay safe brother and gold bless

@Dosh apparently you are the healthiest of the bunch LOL.

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
OMG, that mirrors my ailments to a tea.
Except right hand carpel tunnel release and nerve/vertebrae surgery on neck, rotator cuff surgery on right shoulder and left shoulder irreparably damaged. Also have 3 bone pieces floating around in my left hip joint. Welding large steel has destroyed my body and I gave it up 20 years ago.
I know your pain.

Cheers.