I am falling apart ...

I had a carpal nerve release and cubital nerve release surgery on my left-hand yesterday. It went well and managing pain/recovery well.

Next week, I have my initial consult with a neuro-surgeon due to a pinched nerve on my neck. Depending on the outcome, I am also inline for a right shoulder rotary cuff surgery. Other than that, all is well. 😇

Cheers!

Ed
Welcome to the fraternity of frailty. Lol
Hope the surgeries go well. On the carple repair do not use that hand till they tell you to. I was running a small chain saw a week after surgery and it took forever to get it to heal. I'm Not the brightest light on the tree, but we had a hurricane that socked us in so I had to cut a way out. Best of luck

Ed, looks like in same boat. Just had EMG NCV test recently and prelim results shows carpel tunnel both hands, peripheral neuropathy in both feet, but looks like my severe spinal stenosis and arthritis in lumbar and stenosis in neck has not progressed since 2019. So the good news out of this is the CT is not bad enough for surgery and the PN in feet is thought to be linked more to be just older than dirt. So no cutting. At least for now.

All you can do is stay after it and keep moving forward. When you get old, pain seems to be your daily companion. You can give in to it or keep living.

You have shown us "keep living"!

Ed, looks like in same boat. Just had EMG NCV test recently and prelim results shows carpel tunnel both hands, peripheral neuropathy in both feet, but looks like my severe spinal stenosis and arthritis in lumbar and stenosis in neck has not progressed since 2019. So the good news out of this is the CT is not bad enough for surgery and the PN in feet is thought to be linked more to be just older than dirt. So no cutting. At least for now.

All you can do is stay after it and keep moving forward. When you get old, pain seems to be your daily companion. You can give in to it or keep living.

You have shown us "keep living"!
Aye Sir! Life is too short not to move forward and enjoy our blessings.

I am sure that I am not alone, but you have our thoughts and prayers.

Ed

I am about 10 weeks or so after back surgery and just completed my third week of PT. My daily focus is doing what I need to do to get rid of the limp, foot drop and the neuropathy, which creates some pain. I am 68 now and went from a very healthy and in shape senior to the total opposite. Just walking around Walmart presents a challenge. Lol.

My biggest motivation is to get back to where I can hike again in the mountains since elk hunting is my nirvana. Sure going to miss it this year.

I am focusing on the long term though, but dang it can be discouraging when you don't see significant progress. Bottom line work hard, listen to your PT and doctor, keep a positive attitude, and keep god in your life.

So, I am with you Feenix and feel your pain. Heal well brother.

@Rick Richard : you will be back in "saddle" before you know it! The foot drop is a royal PITA, and mentally disturbing, at least for me it is. But as you progress thru PT, its amazing how your mind can take control and start to see progress. Best wishes and prayers for recovery. Know your LRH brethren are praying and pulling for you.
Muddy

I am about 10 weeks or so after back surgery and just completed my third week of PT. My daily focus is doing what I need to do to get rid of the limp, foot drop and the neuropathy, which creates some pain. I am 68 now and went from a very healthy and in shape senior to the total opposite. Just walking around Walmart presents a challenge. Lol.

My biggest motivation is to get back to where I can hike again in the mountains since elk hunting is my nirvana. Sure going to miss it this year.

I am focusing on the long term though, but dang it can be discouraging when you don't see significant progress. Bottom line work hard, listen to your PT and doctor, keep a positive attitude, and keep god in your life.

So, I am with you Feenix and feel your pain. Heal well brother.
Likewise Brother!

Ed

I did a quick 5-miler hike with my dog early this AM. I maintained a 3 MPH pace with over 94 O2 levels and under 150 BPM heart rate. The Achilles tendonitis was a bit tender but tolerable. The trail is similar to my antelope hunting area. Overall, I am pleased, and I think I am ready but will slowly ease up to the elk country.

Ed

@Rick Richard : you will be back in "saddle" before you know it! The foot drop is a royal PITA, and mentally disturbing, at least for me it is. But as you progress thru PT, its amazing how your mind can take control and start to see progress. Best wishes and prayers for recovery. Know your LRH brethren are praying and pulling for you.
Muddy
Thanks so much brother. I needed a little encouragement today.