Hybrid 100v in 6.5 creedmoor

hudel

Anyone tried it in the creedmore with 143 grn eldx bullets?
Maybe I dont fully understand quickload, however it show it with better velocity (2493), case fill (101%) and burn (99.9) vs h4350 velocity 2467, case fill 101 and burn 96.3
This is with my 18" barrel, I realize velocity is a little low for longer barrels

In a 26" barrel with 141 Cauterucio VLD's it shot the best groups compared to loads using H4350 or RL-16. Very broad tune window. The velocity was in the mid 2700's IIRC. It is more temp sensitive than the other two powders so I stuck with RL-16 but for a hunting rifle I would use it...no problem. Just develop the load in similar conditions in which you anticipate hunting.

In a 26" barrel with 141 Cauterucio VLD's it shot the best groups compared to loads using H4350 or RL-16. Very broad tune window. The velocity was in the mid 2700's IIRC. It is more temp sensitive than the other two powders so I stuck with RL-16 but for a hunting rifle I would use it...no problem. Just develop the load in similar conditions in which you anticipate hunting.
Thanks for that! Just curious how temp sensitive it was, are we talking 1 moa off between 0 and 100 degrees or more significant

Thanks for that! Just curious how temp sensitive it was, are we talking 1 moa off between 0 and 100 degrees or more significant
I was using that rifle for 600yd F-class style competition and was striving for .3 MOA 5 shot groups at 300yds (most of the time). This gun with H100V shot a 0.084" 3 shot group at 100yds (Berger 140 hybrid) and regularly shot at/under .3" 5 shots at 100yds at temps in the 80-90'sF. I shot some winter matches in temps of upper 30's/low 40's in the morning and warming to upper 60's in the afternoon and the load would start vertically stringing at 600yds. Instead of holding just over .5 MOA it would throw shots over 6" high from center but 6" low also in addition to some diagonal fliers. It was not adequate for competition but, for hunting, it would be great. I would just develop two different loads in the two extremes of the conditions I would hunt in and it would be fine.

I developed a load for my Swede with 100v at 20 degrees. I shot it at 80 degrees and it was all over the place. Switched to H4350 and problem solved. H4350 temp Sens. .16 vs 100v which is .78.

If your running it close to max case capacity/charge weight it starts to really go south with pressure issues once you hit about 75 degrees. I experience this every year with my 6.5X284Norma. I was dropping about 1.5 grains just to even get it close to what it would do during regular hunting temps of 30 to 45 degrees.

If your running it close to max case capacity/charge weight it starts to really go south with pressure issues once you hit about 75 degrees. I experience this every year with my 6.5X284Norma. I was dropping about 1.5 grains just to even get it close to what it would do during regular hunting temps of 30 to 45 degrees.
Good to know. I'm gonna hang on to it for a backup powder if I run out of 4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.