Husqvarna 9000 270

chevy73

Hey guys so at the local gun shop there is a husqvarna 9000 crown in 270 beautiful rifle with a sporter 26" barrel. Can anyone give me more information on them? Is it there own action desine? It's not a mauser action. Looks similar to a 700. And what would be the barrel Shank specs? Thanks all in advance

I know nothing about the "Husqies", and I've only ever seen one, so I Googled it and there are some nice Swedish rifles out there. The Husqvarna, the Carl Gustaf and the Swedish Mauser 96 and Mauser 98 versions all look similar, at least to me. Some are controlled round feed and some are push feed but all fine rifles in their own right.

No info on them but my uncle has one in 270 they're awesome guns. I remember the first time headed up to deer camp with him in the early 90s and thinking it was crazy that he had a chainsaw for a rifle!lol. If the price wasn't too crazy I'd jump on it.

From GunDigest.GunValue.com page:
Model 9000 Crown Grade
Bolt-action sporting rifle. Manufactured in a variety of calibers, with 23.5" barrel, open sights, adjustable trigger and walnut stock. Manufactured in 1971 and 1972.

If you go to: https://forums.gunboards.com
and "search" for Husqvarna 9000 you'll find a fair amount of discussion on these rifles. Apparently they also went by the Model #1900, so if you see reference to those rifles, essentially the same?

Bottom line, from my reading, is a good one for $450 is a steal.

Hey guys so at the local gun shop there is a husqvarna 9000 crown in 270 beautiful rifle with a sporter 26" barrel. Can anyone give me more information on them? Is it there own action desine? It's not a mauser action. Looks similar to a 700. And what would be the barrel Shank specs? Thanks all in advance

There were three models of these rifles made by Carl Gustaf, the basic model was called the Swede Rifle and it has a stock with a Schnabel for-end tip. The Grade II or (9000) and Grade III (8000) had a Monte Carlo comb and cheek-piece with Rosewood for-end and pistol grip caps. The 8000 also had an engine turned bolt and engraving on the magazine floor plate.

The trigger is adjustable for weight by removing the bolt and there is a small screw in the tang area. The two lugs on the bolt are a dovetail shape and the right hand lug has an anti-bind devise added.

There is a great write up on the Carl Gustaf in Bolt Action Rifles by Frank de Haas.

Barrel shank info is, barrel dia 1.10", thread dia 0.985", thread length 0.770", thread pitch 12 V TPI.

The Husqvarna 1900 was an earlier model and I believe the name was changed due to a decision made by the Swedish Government that Husqvarna had to stop making firearms. After Carl Gustaf stopped making them the rights were sold off to Zoli who still make the model 1900.

The original barrels on the 1900 and Carl Gustaf were very good quality and had almost a choke at the muzzle end which was quite noticeable when cleaning the bore.

Since 1978 I have owned a model 9000 in 22-250 and it is a very accurate rifle and I have shot a lot of varmints and deer with this rifle.

chevy 73 I have a copy of the "Field Stripping the Bolt" for this rifle here and if you sent me a PM I would be more than happy to email you a copy.

Have fun with your new rifle!

Last edited:
I have a Crown 3000 in 30-06 that my dad bought from the PX when he was over seas in the late 50's. Its a beautiful rifle, mauser action and its an absolute hammer. I still have a Bausch & Lomb Belvar 8 , 2.5-8 mounted in Beuler rings and bases on it.

My Dad has a few of these. Beautiful rifles very well made. I have shot his 270, 243 and his 300 win mag. Only rifle I have every shot that the bolt will slide open after opening on a slight incline. Very precise machining. For $450 BUY it!!!!!!

I have a Crown 3000 in 30-06 that my dad bought from the PX when he was over seas in the late 50's. Its a beautiful rifle, mauser action and its an absolute hammer. I still have a Bausch & Lomb Belvar 8 , 2.5-8 mounted in Beuler rings and bases on it.
You lucky dog, I have a 98 Mauser by Huskvarna and love it.

Morning. A couple years ago I happened into a local sporting goods store and a man had just traded in a Remington 700 BDL in @&) Win with a custom curly maple stock. Not only was the price right but this was the most beautiful stock I have ever seen. Of course I bought it and had the barrel glass bedded and a Timmney trigger installed . The best of luck with your find !!!

Attachments

• DSCN0418.JPG
    DSCN0418.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN0428.JPG
    DSCN0428.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 271
Hey guys so at the local gun shop there is a husqvarna 9000 crown in 270 beautiful rifle with a sporter 26" barrel. Can anyone give me more information on them? Is it there own action desine? It's not a Mauser action. Looks similar to a 700. And what would be the barrel Shank specs? Thanks all in advance
Morning. A couple years ago I happened into a local sporting goods store and a man had just traded in a Remington 700 BDL in 270 Win with a custom curly maple stock. Not only was the price right but this was the most beautiful stock I have ever seen. Of course I bought it and had the barrel glass bedded and a Timmney trigger installed . The best of luck with your find .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.