Huskemaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Huskemaw?

Hey mike

I'm with you on the clarity and resolution of the Zeiss Conquest. I have a Zeiss Diavari 2.5x10x50, a Kahles AH 3.5x10x50, 2 Kahles CL MZ 4x12x52's, an IOR 6x42, a Burris 4x16x50 Black Diamond and a Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x44 RZ800 and I can say that the Conquest is by far the best for clarity and resolution. I form this opinion by experience from looking for bullet holes in targets at 300 to 600 yards. I don't carry a spotting scope to the range anymore but my spotting scope sucks.

My Diavari and Kahles CL's are brighter though, the Burris does not compare but the Ballistic Mil Dot matches my 22-250 perfectly.

If the Huskemaw did have glass to equal the Conquest then there would be a lot more rave reviews around than there are.

I have only looked through one Huskemaw, but I thought it compared to Leupold VX3 glass. Not too bad in my opinion.

Well they both claim the a Huskemaw has the same glass as the night force. I dont know if that is what huskemaw claims or if they were just trying to BS but what they are saying it the clarity can not be beat. I disagree obviously. I shoot almost exclusivly Leupold and I have 1 Zeiss Never have I had one of them seem blurry even on a hazy or super hot sunnyday the way the Huskemaw was. The turret system does seem to work correctly however a Luepold or night force with turrets is everybit as accurate.

A Nightorce turrets is very accurate and rugged. No way would I buy a Huskamaw over a Nightforce. If you want great optics try a S&B PMll that is the finest optcal aiming device on the planet IMHO

Last edited:

I thought that Ernie did an excellent review of the scope ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f93/huskemaw-5-20-lr-scope-review-ernie-bishop-45600/

... but it's always nice to have another. Thanks for sharing.

IMHO, regardless of any review, it's the end user who has the ultimate say whether it works for their intended use and meets the expectations, and of course, if they have a good return on the investment. :D:rolleyes::):cool:

Thanks for sharing.

Ed

I seem to have stirred up a few emotions and I want to clarify a few things in my thread. When I made the post I was not trying to discredit anyone or their rifles or their shooting ability. My main object was to stir up interest in my thread so I could get opinions from experience on the Huskemaw. As the thread says "Bring on the hate mail" I stand by what I said I was not impressed at all in clarity of the scope but the turret system did seem to work as claimed. I am pretty new to long range and am building a long range rifle and want the best scope for my application. I am lucky because I have the opportunity to actually play with the Huskemaw before buying my scope. In fact Best of The West has invited me to go out with them again and give me a full tutorial on the shooting system. and show me exactly what makes the scope what it is. I am going to take my tikka/zeiss combo again. I may eat my words I dont know but apparently its going to be on film if I do. I will also post the findings of our outting good or bad. I should also mention that I am not a hater of Best of the West or Huskemaw, infact I DVR every episode. They make some great shots. BUT we will see how it all plays out.

I'm very interested in how this turns out too. Hope you post your results

I purchased one also, I haven't gotten it yet. I run strictly NF nxs. I purchased it so myself and my friends can evaluate one. We have NF, Mark 4, S&B, and US optics between us.

The other thing that surprises me is if they aren't the best scopes. Why aren't any for sale? I haven't seen any used for sale.

Brent

Do they come with a lifetime warranty, no questions asked?

Who makes them and where do they go for repair?

Last edited:

I purchased one also, I haven't gotten it yet. I run strictly NF nxs. I purchased it so myself and my friends can evaluate one. We have NF, Mark 4, S&B, and US optics between us.

The other thing that surprises me is if they aren't the best scopes. Why aren't any for sale? I haven't seen any used for sale.

Brent
I have seen them for sale on this site, also they are relatively new, so you dont have that many on the market

Brent

Which S&B?

I stand corrected sorry. I do know they must be somewhat popular since I have been waiting three weeks for one and called yesterday and it should be shipped out in the next couple of days. All I know is I can't form an opinion unless I have one in my hands to try.

Mike being the better of the group shooting at the longer distance should really tell you something. Did the scope get a fair shake? Was it adjusted properly? Just because they own long range rifles doesn't mean they know how to use them.

I am not saying one way or the other. I bought one to make up my own mind in the performance. We will see how it goes. I learned a long time ago to keep an open mind.

jp I am not sure what Toby has for S&B but he is selling his NF"S

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.