Huskemaw Question

RG300WSM

I
20210219_155146.jpg
20210222_123927.jpg
have always came to these forums to find answers that I've had questions to but never officially signed up just because there is way more knowledgeable people on here than me haha.

I did have one question though that I couldn't find a answer to and im probably way over thinking it.

Anyways I shoot Huskemaws on all my long range rifles and I've always put my ballistic info in my apps/leicas as 1/3" MOA but I was looking at my turret and it says 1 click 1/3" MOA or .36" at 100 yards. I would assume it would be .333" at 100 yards? This isn't a big deal at 3-400 yards but out at 1,000 yards thats 5 clicks different depending on how I put it in strelok. So my question is how would you put it in the app/binos?

I View attachment 254994View attachment 254990have always came to these forums to find answers that I've had questions to but never officially signed up just because there is way more knowledgeable people on here than me haha.

I did have one question though that I couldn't find a answer to and im probably way over thinking it.

Anyways I shoot Huskemaws on all my long range rifles and I've always put my ballistic info in my apps/leicas as 1/3" MOA but I was looking at my turret and it says 1 click 1/3" MOA or .36" at 100 yards. I would assume it would be .333" at 100 yards? This isn't a big deal at 3-400 yards but out at 1,000 yards thats 5 clicks different depending on how I put it in strelok. So my question is how would you put it in the app/binos?
1.047 Divided by three = 0.349

Ok I'm dumb explain haha I understand that 1.047 is a true moa and that .349 is 1/3 so that gets me passed the .333 but the scope says 1/3 moa or .36 at 100 yards so its not 1/3 moa right?
No it's definitely a round it off I guess the math is correct it Hass to be I don't know where they come up with .36

No it's definitely a round it off I guess the math is correct it Hass to be I don't know where they come up with .36
If .36 is not working on your ballistic solver try .349 and see how it works out always trust but verify

Huskema has been what they call 1/3 m.o.a from day one. I have one from when Aaron Davidson was there. I believe they did that to get there scopes basically 1 revolution to get you to 1,000 yards on most modern cartridges sighted in at 200 dead on.

Huskema has been what they call 1/3 m.o.a from day one. I have one from when Aaron Davidson was there. I believe they did that to get there scopes basically 1 revolution to get you to 1,000 yards on most modern cartridges sighted in at 200 dead on.
Thats how I have all my guns also and they are either right at 1 revolution or just barely passed I'm actually able to get over 1 mile out of my 300 wsm and 7mm. I want to say my 1st huskemaw was from the Aaron days. I love the scopes and have never had a problem I just saw the markings on the turret and got confused haha.

The turrets are mils, even though they say 1/3 MOA
.36" at 100 yards is .1 mil.
I think that's why they prefer to do yardage turrets.
Anyway, its not problematic until getting out past 700 yards or so.
For example, my 7 saum needs 6 mils at 965 yards, which is one full turn...but it calls for 20.63 MOA, so I would be .63 low (6.6") with their "MOA" turret.
Clear as mud?

The turrets are mils, even though they say 1/3 MOA
.36" at 100 yards is .1 mil.
I think that's why they prefer to do yardage turrets.
Anyway, its not problematic until getting out past 700 yards or so.
For example, my 7 saum needs 6 mils at 965 yards, which is one full turn...but it calls for 20.63 MOA, so I would be .63 low (6.6") with their "MOA" turret.
Clear as mud?
Thats kind of what I took from it but I wanted to make sure I was thinking right haha. Thanks! I use their data collection turrets just because I hunt big elevation changes and temp changes and I can set my binos to read out in clicks. I saw on strelok I can use inches at 100 yards to figure out my clicks so maybe ill do that now. The only bad part is my leicas have to be set at 1/3 moa.

Every click on your calibration turret is
.1 mil so 10 is 1mil, 20 is 2mil etc.
Put yardage in strelok and look at mil (MRAD) adjustment. If it says 4.4 mil just dial to 40 and 4 additional clicks.
Assuming your strelok looks like this...
AA9FB4F8-CBEB-4B0B-8046-453003DAE061.png

And...I'm assuming your turret is like the old turrets that had every 10 clicks marked as 10,20,30,40,50...total of 59 clicks per turn

Last edited:
Every click on your calibration turret is
.1 mil so 10 is 1mil, 20 is 2mil etc.
Put yardage in strelok and look at mil (MRAD) adjustment. If it says 4.4 mil just dial to 40 and 4 additional clicks.
Assuming your strelok looks like this...
View attachment 255096

And...I'm assuming your turret is like the old turrets that had every 10 clicks marked as 10,20,30,40,50...total of 59 clicks per turn
Thats really close to how mine looks so under scope info I switched it to Mrad(Mil) and put in the value as .1 after reading a bunch of stuff .1 mil =.36" at 100 yards. After doing that I checked and my clicks at 1000 yards and they change about 4 clicks which at 3.6" per click @ 1000 thats alot haha. I also figured out how to swap my leicas over to that same thing and it matches up with the clicks in my strelok. Now I just need to take out the 3 guns with huskemaws and re do the programming when its not 3 degrees outside. Thanks everyone for all the info! It helped a ton and now hopefully I'll be able to get the gun on a little better. Its always been close but never perfect from 200 yards - 1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.