huskemaw or gray bull rifle scope

lineman

Hay gents, i'm interested in purchasing some glass for my 300 ultra & was
wondering what you all thought about the huskemaw vs. gray bull leupold?
i am a long time fan of leupold but have heard good things of the huskemaw!

You are going to get a ton of answers some for and some against both scopes. I'll tell you that I will be buying the Huskemaw to give it a go. I have Leupold scopes and like them very much but I want to try out the Huskemaw. I've only looked through one once and I'd say the glass was on par with the new Leupold VX3's. I don't think you could go wrong with either scope but I like the simple reticle of the Huskemaw, the 5-20 power range, the zero stop and the fact that I can use a regular target turret or have them build one. I'll tell you though the one thing that set them apart from Greybull for me was the fact that every time I talk to them over the phone or in person they are friendly and helpful. Even when they didn't know the answer, they found one without acting like I was bothering them. I can not say the same for John Burns. I'd like to think I caught him on a bad day but this was in person and over the phone so I don't know.. I'm sorry but service still means something to me.

Good luck and let us know what you choose and how it works out.

boman,thanks for the info! I totally agree with your position in your post,i believe i am going to go with the huskemaw. i like the higher magnifacation as well & the thumbs up on service is a important consideration also!

I went with the vx3 then set it to the custom shop and had the m1 dials put on it.
Iwent this way for a few reasons with this set up I get 94 moa of travel in the scope which is more than most scopes.
and I really like leupolds but I also get a great price witha family member working there.
Its a great set up i would not repalce it.
go with what you like If you settle for something you really dont like because somebody told you too youll never be happy .
I think they are close enough you wont know the diff.
I would order one from the custon shop and not grey bull thats all he is doing then putting his name on it and selling it to you.

retiredcpo makes a good point but to be fair the Greybull scope does come with 1/3moa turrets rather than the standard Leupold 1/4 moa turrets.

Another reason I like the Huskemaw over the Leupold is the windage corrections on the turrets as well. To me that makes it a no brainer in the field. At the range no big deal but when you are hunting you might not have a bunch of time. Sorry had to add that.

do what you want, say what you want, BUT , all the bells and gizmo's in the world won't make you a better shot. Buy the most expensive glass you can afford with either mill dot, or reticle like the leupold varmint, and LEARN HOW TO USE IT . It will be cheaper than Huskemaw or graybull, and you can use the money saved for practice ammo.

bowman
good point
but I shoot most weekends and most of the time we have wind to deal with
we dont go to a range we go to the desert
shooting in real world conditions help hone your skills

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.