Huskemaw 5-20 LR Scope Review By Ernie Bishop

ADMIN

Administrator
I remember my first thoughts when I heard about this new Huskemaw 5-20 LR Rifle scope being on the market. One of my first questions was, "What does it have to offer that other scopes on the market don't already have?" I guess in some ways I am a skeptic when it comes to the latest and greatest product whether it be concerning long range hunting or some other arena. To let the cat out of the bag, I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised. Read More...

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Huskemaw 5-20 LR Scope Review, By Ernie Bishop. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article

Last edited:
Ernie: Nice review. I am still getting used to the scope but I really like it. I haven't gotten my turret yet, I took my kids out looking for the perfect spot to shoot my data just tonight. Man, 1000 yds is a long way in the Black Hills. How does the clarity of the Huskemaw compare to your VariX III? I only own one and it is a 2.5x8 (about 20 years old) and I have never fallen in love w/ that scope. My Huskema is clearer than it, but I have a gun that needs something smaller. Thanks, Brad

Ernie: Nice review. I am still getting used to the scope but I really like it. I haven't gotten my turret yet, I took my kids out looking for the perfect spot to shoot my data just tonight. Man, 1000 yds is a long way in the Black Hills. How does the clarity of the Huskemaw compare to your VariX III? I only own one and it is a 2.5x8 (about 20 years old) and I have never fallen in love w/ that scope. My Huskemaw is clearer than it, but I have a gun that needs something smaller. Thanks, Brad

Brad,
Thank you.
The Huskemaw compares nicely to the new VX-3 8.5-25 I own. It also has a 30mm tube, side focus, etc.
The new VX-3's (improved from the VX-III) is a different scope than one of 20 years ago.
I have a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 (1 inch tube) with Holland's ART that is on a Rock River AR-15 "pistol" that we will be using for Dave Lauck's International Tactical rifleman's Championship (ITRC) this weekend. It is a 2-man team, three day competition. We will be an all handgun team, and my partner will be using the AR handgun. I don't typically use scopes with this low of magnification, but it is a really nice optic.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a VX-3 in a lower magnification scope.

Hey Ernie, your explanation is excellent advice for HUSKEMAW scopes. I have been very reluctant about them, but after your explanation I am now more open minded towards them. They will be considered an option for the future.

Here's to it Ern. Well done. I remember being impressed with the compactness of it. That's something i've always liked in the optics i use for big game. Backpack hunting tends to make u think that way.

No They Wont ship to Canada,or cant not 100% Sure. I know 2 people up here that have there scope's, and there not the friendliest of people once they find out it's a Canadian on the other end of the Phone.

What is the warranty like for this scope? Does anyone know who is making this scope? It is obviously from over seas but any specifics?

Thanks,

Lifetime warranty. I don't know the name of the factory but it is one of the best in Japan. There has been a very low rate of scope needing service.

Just finished reading the manual. Can I just say how nice it was to be able to make sense of the whole manual! Very well done IMO.

Do you know what power is used for proper reticle use for windage, etc? Most are max power but I didn't see that listed and saw one picture discussing 10x.

Thanks for writing this article. Very imformative.

Scot

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.