Hunting With Sierra Match King

I have used the 142 on antelope. Shot mine at 860, and the bullet did not expand, as one would expect from a 142 smk at that distance. Most consistent bullet I have ever used, but not the greatest in regards to expansion, and clean kills. The antelope did die, but it did go 100+ yards before it did, "both lungs being pierced".Not a big deal in antelope country, but a different story in whitetail country. I would imagine annealing the first 1/8-3/16 of the tips would help in the expansion department.

if you decide to not shoot them and want to get rid of them, i would be interested in them for my wifes target gun.

I have a hunting buddy who shoots the 168g in his .308. While I have cautioned him on the unreliable expansion of match bullets, his results have been consistent and spectacular. Shots behind the shoulder have had caliber size entry wound and a 2-4 inch exit wound with big pieces of lung hanging out almost every time. All shots have been <200 yards though. He's killed several west Texas mule deer with that load as well.

Since bullet shortages are here. I found five boxes of Sierra 6.5 mm 142 grain hollow point boat tail match Kings. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck hunting with them?
*Short to long range deer, Elk 6.5PRC, 260Rem.
I've heard that they don't like to open up from one person. But I figured I'd ask for some personal experience from anyone else. Any help would be appreciated
(I only purchase these because I've had 143 eldx on order since last November and then now the order just got pushed up to October.) And they were available at a local farm store.
If you decide to part with any, my 6.5 X 55 love them.

I have had good results with the 6.5mm 140 gr. SMK in a factory savage .260rem. Accuracy wise it is 3/4 MOA on average, only killed one deer at about 300. shot was slightly back, 3" from the shoulder crease and passed completely through. Deer was DRT. I am using 41.5 grains of IMR 4831, Nosler brass, and Winchester LR primers with an OAL of 2.798".

Since bullet shortages are here. I found five boxes of Sierra 6.5 mm 142 grain hollow point boat tail match Kings. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck hunting with them?
*Short to long range deer, Elk 6.5PRC, 260Rem.
I've heard that they don't like to open up from one person. But I figured I'd ask for some personal experience from anyone else. Any help would be appreciated
(I only purchase these because I've had 143 eldx on order since last November and then now the order just got pushed up to October.) And they were available at a local farm store.
Do not use them for hunting.a few yrs. Ago I went elk hunting in Co. Shot a 5x5 with a 30 hart using 180 gr. Match kings and it took 6 rounds to put him down.The bullets did not mushroom.a 185 yd. Shot.I learned the hard way cause I was unable to do a cape mount. Rich

Me personally on an elk I'd use a bullet designed for hunting. I feel there is a reason they make different bullets for match and hunting rounds. Of course either will kill but one is going to do it more efficiently in my mind

I wouldn't think twice of using a 30-215 Berger Hybrid on elk. Proven elk killer in a 300 WM.

I used them on my 338/378 and at close range they were terrible. They came apart bad. didnt even make it thru the chest on a elk.
On deer it about cut them in half. I wouldnt use them on anything other then small animals , deer , goats etc. They were the most accurate bullet ive ever used.

I used them on my 338/378 and at close range they were terrible. They came apart bad. didnt even make it thru the chest on a elk.
On deer it about cut them in half. I wouldnt use them on anything other then small animals , deer , goats etc. They were the most accurate bullet ive ever used.
Why do you complain about a 33/3378 blowing up a deer at close range. WOW!!!!