hunting w/a atv

I was late getting to my stand one morning, so I drove my 4 wheeler up to my stand and backed it up into the brush where I couldn't be seen. I don't believe it is any different than hunting from the ground or sitting in a portable stand that is low to the ground. You just need to make sure you and the atv are concealed and not out in the open. Just my 2 cents

so far ,i have ck all my 130 and cleared the trails ina day now just have set up parking and fireing lanes, my old walk and work time was around 30 to 40 days of work,iam looken forward to this season, thanks

Yes I've used ATV'S to hunt. Depending on if your limitations are temporary or permanent I'd look and see if the state you're hunting has a special license class. These generally allow you more latitude on where you can drive, how you carry the firearm etc. They also provide folks helping you retrieve-some flexibility, say if a finisher is necessary and you can't get there.
Long Range Hunting lends itself fairly well to this type of hunting. Good optics, a good chair comes in handy, a shooting mat, a tarp to cover gear, or yourself. Probably the tough part is the recovery phase make sure ahead of time whose available to help. I've been blessed with good guides and good friends that have made it possible to continue this activity. Folks that planned the mountain, and carried my stuff all the way to the goat country and back.
At the end of the day-slower can work for you. I've got a whitetail on the wall that thought doubling back on the fast guys was a good trick.

I understand that your mobility is limited, but be aware of other hunters in the area. Nothing ****es me off more than to be a mile off the road and in a blind an hour before the sun comes up, then have someone ride through right after daylight. I have been very tempted to send a round through the sidecase of more than one ATV!

Also check your local hunting regs. There are many public areas that limit off road vehicles to maintained roads during hunting season.

Good luck out there and I hope you find something that works for you.

my issues are perm a nam thing, where i go all are known & we text so we dont mix space or block deer runs to outhers, thanks for the input,good hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.