Hunting Rifle: Anyone Else Have No Desire for a Silencer?

I have all but 2 M70 calibers with BOSS! At the range BOSS or no BOSS I use DOUBLE ear protection! I only hunted with 243, 270 and 30.06 BOSS, since 1997! The way the angle of the ports is cut, it effects people around you more that the shooter! Facts!
A 308 with a brake (my 20" AR10) is louder than a 300 WBY without a brake! Fact! I hunted with a 300WBY without a brake for 10 years and no protection during the hunt!
I never handed with my 300 win msg boss or my 338 win msg boss!
I only state things I have experience! If it is an opinion, I say so! Just check my posts!
I'm not saying they're not louder for others than the shooter but they're still also louder for the shooter, relative to no brake. That is also a FACT.

Some people will do anything to start a argument. Personally, I side with the pros. I have some firearms that need something. One is my TC Contender in various calibers. Ten inch .22 Hornet, .256 WM. I shoot them with ear plugs plus's Muffs. I would not put them on every firearm, but they do have their place. Bottom dollar, use them if you want to.

And just for those who just don't like the BOSS, you can use the BOSS CR, it's a non brake option, and I have them for every caliber. People call the barrel tuners now! Browsing was the original!

I see a lot of folks are putting silencers on their hunting rifles, even sacrificing ballistic performance by shortening barrels.

Anyone else prefer their hunting rifle to not have a silencer? Maybe I'm old school but I don't have muzzle brakes or silencers on my hunting rifles.
Nope shoot a 300 wm 26" with suppressor. I don't cut any performance. It is a 3/8" at 100'. And have done 2-1/2" at 600. Love it. And 300 blackout with Hornady 190 X- bullet.

But you don't want to shoot them don't.

67 yrs old, old dogs can change.

Nope shoot a 300 wm 26" with suppressor. I don't cut any performance. It is a 3/8" at 100'. And have done 2-1/2" at 600. Love it. And 300 blackout with Hornady 190 X- bullet.

But you don't want to shoot them don't.

67 yrs old, old dogs can change.
I shoot 208 hornady in my blackout . Suppressed for hogs! Now that's quiet

So I've noticed pretty much everyone is talking about personal experiences with the suppressor and I agree that they are great. But no one has really brought up the way game reacts to the sound of there is a missed shot or multiple targets. Feral hogs and predators are great examples on why a suppressor is awesome to have. When you shoot the animals have a hard time placing where the shot came from and therefore don't always know which way to go. Which means if you miss or there's multiple targets and they can't place exactly where you're at you have a greater chance of your subsequent shots having success. It also helps keep animals calm, we have MLD programs in Texas where, in some cases, over 100 deer have to get shot in a year. A suppressor helps keep the heard calm it seems, they don't get spooked as bad and because the sound is hard to place they don't associate things like - deer blind+noise=Death.
Of course this is just my experience on suppressors and hunting

I can't help but wonder if the internet was around mid 20th century if there would be a similar argument about scopes (both add weight and weren't needed before) Just because something is innovative and new doesn't mean you have to use it

I a am a older timer. a brake on my mag rifles was good on recoil for multi shooting on the range or hunting. now what is the advantage in a Suppressor?? how heavy are they?

My hearing aids have the third setting set to reduce noises over 85 decibels.......can hardly hear the rifle..my other aids are set to reduce noise at 95 decibels..but I can turn volumes down and hardly hear the rifles I shoot at the rock pit.....
Actually..turned down I can't hear the eggs I break for breakfast crack on the stainless steel sink.....works for me.....

I a am a older timer. a brake on my mag rifles was good on recoil for multi shooting on the range or hunting. now what is the advantage in a Suppressor?? how heavy are they?
Think of a suppressor as a quiet brake, they're a little bigger and heavier but they can be in 1/2lb or even less range, they can also be heavier. I know the one I want to get for my 22 is mere ounces.

I see a lot of folks are putting silencers on their hunting rifles, even sacrificing ballistic performance by shortening barrels.

Anyone else prefer their hunting rifle to not have a silencer? Maybe I'm old school but I don't have muzzle brakes or silencers on my hunting rifles.
Here in New Zealand they're pretty much a standard fitment, most new rifles come threaded. If you're hunting in the open the extra length isn't an issue (say +5") if you're in the bush dropping back to say 18" barrel doesn't matter. In essence in the bush your ranges are far lower so the velocity loss isn't relevant. We use over-barrel silencers. With a silencer the animals cannot get an idea of exactly where you are, they hesitate before making a move. Plus reduced recoil
B409B820-3680-442E-9D29-67A9AE65673C.jpeg

Here in New Zealand they're pretty much a standard fitment, most new rifles come threaded. If you're hunting in the open the extra length isn't an issue (say +5") if you're in the bush dropping back to say 18" barrel doesn't matter. In essence in the bush your ranges are far lower so the velocity loss isn't relevant. We use over-barrel silencers. With a silencer the animals cannot get an idea of exactly where you are, they hesitate before making a move. Plus reduced recoil View attachment 317043
How's that Sauer shoot? I was looking at those and they seemed pretty nice.