Hunting Rifle: Anyone Else Have No Desire for a Silencer?

I can't speak to the benefits of a can, as I dont have one and have not hunted with one. My buddy and I have very nice stands, 8x8 mostly, but I can't imagine wanting my barrel to be longer, and I don't want to cut down my barrel to make total length the same with the can.

I do find it intersting that we need permits/tax stamps to buy and own a can. I guess we should thank Hollywood idiots for this. The liberal understanding of cans is that they can make a gun completley silent and still allow the shooter to make an accurate shot from 5000 miles away. I read that back in the turn of the century, many small round rifles were sold with cans. Thus squirrel .22's and such were very quiet to shoot. To me that is a no brainer and I wish it was possible to just go pick up a $20 can and shoot. I see the can market as totally over priced. I see no reason for a can to be priced over $100, and yes I know machining. Not much more to machine a can than to make a brake, and I think making a can would be easier.

OK, so I am off topic. Short answer, I have ear plugs and normally hunt the stands with the left ear plug in and right on bench in front of me. I also have ear muffs with me in case I have to make a quick shot on a coyote crossing the trails.

I'm just saying, your comment about the government regulating what we do to protect our hearing was made in complete ignorance. Those seconds you took to write that reply, and I'm assuming read other posts on this, could've been used to educate yourself on what it was. Then maybe your comment would've been different.

I assume based on your comment that you don't think the government should be regulating suppressors. So, instead of saying what you did, you probably could've taken the time to search and read the summary of the bill, maybe instead of coming back here, you could've spent that time to write your senators in support of the bill. Like Parkerized said, this is something we should fight for, I think so anyway. Then maybe if we can get that portion of the NFA repealed we can also have other portions of it repealed too because the whole **** thing is an infringement on our rights.
Well, EXCUSE ME for you having a bad day! I 'assumed' that this was a site where everyone could come and share info for the purpose of helping one another. But since I don't live up to your 'standards' of expectation (after giving 8 years of my *** to Uncle Sam with combat under my belt) I will appease you and just go somewhere else! Thanks, ASSWIPE!