Hunting Rifle: Anyone Else Have No Desire for a Silencer?

I like my guns quite, my stereo loud, my Harley loud, lawnmower quiet, need the tv loud watching football, need my tires to be quiet on my car. My truck has mud tires but everyone needs to hear me coming with those. My race car needs to be loud ( it just sounds better that way). When I go see Chris Stapleton in concert, I want it to be loud. My favorite color is blue and I like chocolate Ice cream.

Attachments

• 5D60C758-EA02-4382-88C2-317FF580F70A.gif
    5D60C758-EA02-4382-88C2-317FF580F70A.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Well, I don't know how it is in Idaho, but here in the great Lone Star State, big ol' baby boys are born holding a 30-06. The smaller boys and most of the girls are born carrying a 30-30 in their little hands. And, I do agree that sneaking up on your game is a large part of the fun.
When I was a kid that seems about right. 3006 was a starter rifle and 300wm was dad's. My brother got a 280 and although he was bigger and older I thought it was girls rifle. HA. Now that I am not a child and don't think like a child, I realize that 280 was pretty bad@ss. However, we have a lot of excellent choices these days to argue over that in the end all do the job very well.

I thought you was a Brandon supporter?
I've posted before but I'm about as libertarian as they come.
Read my post only thing we should have a government for is keeping people from infringing on others rights and protect the nation form outside threats, and before 2020 I would have said stop a plague. Everything else could be done better by the free market or local level. Not so sure about the plague now.
Live and let live.

I do have to confess I have a strong bias towards Harley riders and not the bikes love the bikes.
Just don't like the guys that gotta wear a costume to ride and have to go in huge groups and rev up an already loud bike to draw attention. Even if they can sounds good sometimes.

I do have to confess I have a strong bias towards Harley riders and not the bikes love the bikes.
Just don't like the guys that gotta wear a costume to ride and have to go in huge groups and rev up an already loud bike to draw attention. Even if they can sounds good sometimes.
Yea, I'm not really into loud bikes or cars either. I was just having some fun.

I have a Banish 30 going thru the gubbermint approval pipeline currently. I don't hear the shot or feel the recoil while hunting. But, while working up loads or simply position shooting, wearing double hearing protection is a source of annoyance particularly in the warmer months. I, like most avid shooters, have "catastrophic hearing loss" (audiologist's words, not mine). So I no long wing it with a couple 9mm cases stuffed in my ears. We'll see how the suppressor works out.
you will love the lack of noise, I sure do but that being said I do not like the extra 7-9 inches of length added to the rifle barrel or the 12 oz. so my 30.06 is being cut to 20 inches and I do not care to take shots at game past 400 yards so no issue

This was my solution to supporting a 26"+ barrel and a foot of suppressor:

I might break down and buy a Magneto Speed if I can borrow one first to see how the extension would align it with the barrel. Pic rail on one side and arca on the other.