hunting results: 143 gr. eldx and also 120 gr. gmx

wildcat westerner

Hello,
My rifles determine which bullet works best in them. MY 6.5 Sherman dictated to me early on that it prefers 143 gr. Hornady ELDX. An old, resurrected 6.5 Remington magnum/Mauser prefers the Hornady 120 grain GMX. I am truly amazed at how flat this bullet shoots in this old rifle made in the 1970's and in directly comparing it to my much newer 6.5 x 284's. I shall be doing some serious hunting with both these rifles this season and realize that accuracy wise these bullets are fine. I have not taken any game with either bullet and would appreciate it if fellow LRH hunters would give me their experience with these two bullets on any game they have taken.
Thank you in advance for your time and valued input.

WW

Hello,
My rifles determine which bullet works best in them. MY 6.5 Sherman dictated to me early on that it prefers 143 gr. Hornady ELDX. An old, resurrected 6.5 Remington magnum/Mauser prefers the Hornady 120 grain GMX. I am truly amazed at how flat this bullet shoots in this old rifle made in the 1970's and in directly comparing it to my much newer 6.5 x 284's. I shall be doing some serious hunting with both these rifles this season and realize that accuracy wise these bullets are fine. I have not taken any game with either bullet and would appreciate it if fellow LRH hunters would give me their experience with these two bullets on any game they have taken.
Thank you in advance for your time and valued input.

WW

Have you tried the "search" function of the site?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.