Hunting Pressure advice

My experience has been the once the season begins, the deer are moving and will break their normal patterns. I will generally give an area that has been searched/disturbed as you you describe time to cool off for a few days. I have had deer use such a trail afterwords. I have had years when myself and my buddy have shot bucks from the same stand within the season. As I mentioned I'm my prior post, the bucks can move over a fairly large area once the shooting starts, and given that the human scent has dissipated, will continue to travel the trail.

My experience has been the once the season begins, the deer are moving and will break their normal patterns. I will generally give an area that has been searched/disturbed as you you describe time to cool off for a few days. I have had deer use such a trail afterwords. I have had years when myself and my buddy have shot bucks from the same stand within the season. As I mentioned I'm my prior post, the bucks can move over a fairly large area once the shooting starts, and given that the human scent has dissipated, will continue to travel the trail.

Well the good news is this weekend is supposed to be 18 degrees in the morning warming up to high 30 to low 40s during the day. Hopefully this will get the deer moving! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts