Hunting plans

NorthRiverGuide

Hey everyone what's everyone got going on for hunting season and where are you at?

I'm hunting Idaho for elk and bear this month and then either Texas or Oklahoma for whitetails depending on my hunting buddies.

Running a custom 308 win for Idaho using cavity back bullets. Texas or Oklahoma I'll run either my custom 6.5x47 lapua with eld match. Or my custom 260 Remington with Bergers.

Sound off let's hear what you all have going on! Good luck everyone hopefully you all are successful.

I would not be afraid of SD and NE. You do hear about access issues getting on public land, but what you don't hear are the countless times I've cold called and knocked on doors and gotten access in WY, ID, WA, NE, CO, NM, KS. And virtually all that have allowed me to hunt on their property have invited me back. I would never fear getting access.

ID has tags as well.

I'll hunt locally for whitetail here in western Pa. I've got a couple doe tags and a buck that need filled and will try to do it with my ten point crossbow and then my 7-08 with 140 ballistic tips if needed. Me and a buddy are going to western Kentucky to gun hunt for a week and I'll tote the 7-08 again for this buck or nothing trip.
Next year will be Colorado for elk!

My whitetail hunting adventures will be in TN only this year. Quota hunts in WMA areas (Catoosa, Cheatham, and LBL) will be primary targets for rifle. Scouting trip this weekend. 308 Xbolt Speed with a Berger 168 CH will probably be my hunting companion as my 280AI still is not finished at the GS. Those TN hills call for a light weight load for my aging back and legs.
Wishing everyone the best of success in the coming months.

I live in Tennessee so all the Deer hunting I could want on my private property several other private properties and all the public property near me.I've already been to New Mexico this year for four days hunting coyotes, I will be going back around Thanksgiving for 10 days to New Mexico for coyotes. I also have three or four days in Kentucky for Whitetail .

I could only pull a doe tag for southeastern MT this year but time off work, hanging with my buddy and big open spaces make it worth it. He has an elk and deer tag I'll help him with.
Axis and hogs at my place in the Texas hill country after that. My goal is a full freezer and 100lbs of sausage this year. Safe hunting everyone, good luck!

I'm year 2 in my start up biz…I forget how big a time suck they are—

This year:
1. I've been dove hunting 1 time
2. I have been Aoudad hunting 0 times
3. I hope to Whitetail hunt at least 1-2 times
4 oh and I have shot one hog with my 5.7 pistol as I was driving out of my place to go work…sad….

Good luck guys—maybe one day I get to have fun again…

Whitetails in Jefferson County Northern Zone, NY.

.257 Roberts, .270 or 6.5 Creedmoor depending on the day.

Attachments

• D3ECE17A-3AA6-4C33-9D44-FB9CAFBF0012.jpeg
    D3ECE17A-3AA6-4C33-9D44-FB9CAFBF0012.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
I'll hunt locally for whitetail here in western Pa. I've got a couple doe tags and a buck that need filled and will try to do it with my ten point crossbow and then my 7-08 with 140 ballistic tips if needed. Me and a buddy are going to western Kentucky to gun hunt for a week and I'll tote the 7-08 again for this buck or nothing trip.
Next year will be Colorado for elk!
I got 6 doe tags & 1 buck here in SE PA. And have yet to even venture out the door. Night shift isn't what I remember it to be. Or I'm just getting OLD. lol