hunting pistol

I picked up two Savage Striker pistols for $500 each. It was a great deal. I've also found the Lone Eagle pistols for $5-600. Spare parts are getting harder to find but the Lone Eagle firing pins are all I've needed and the two I've had shot well. My current one is 30-06 and it's real accurate as are the Strikers. This one's a bit high but looks nice: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884706808

Be careful with anything from Traditions. I bought a NEW Vortek 50 cal. muzzleloading pistol and like the instructions that came with it said I called them to purchase a scope mount. I was told that this pistol was out of production and there were NO MOUNTS AVAILABLE and since it was out of production they had no parts and would not honor the warranty. I Red Neck engineered a scope base by drilling a hole in another weaver style base and added a red dot sight but have not gotten to shoot it yet to see if it holds up.
Probably the least cost as has been said would be the T/C Encore. With a good trigger job the ones I have shot were really good. I have T/C Contenders and if I was to go out to 300 yards it would be with my 14" 30-30AI. I have not killed a deer over 200 yards away but many have fallen to one single shot each between 200 yards and in. 125 Nosler BT at 2670 fps to the shoulder and bang flop.

I prefer an xp-100, this one I built on a 7-08. It shoots 168s pretty well. Cold day when I shot these targets. Looking for the nice day to go out again.

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_142147767.jpg
    IMG_20201206_142147767.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20201112_142801753.jpg
    IMG_20201112_142801753.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
I just bought an XP-100 before Christmas, it had an aftermarket stock, Magnaported barrel and said it was 308 Win. I got it all cleaned up (it was dirty) and dropped in a 308 snap cap and the bolt wouldn't close. I pulled the stock off to find it was chambered in 300 Savage. The seller was good, I paid to ship back and he refunded my full amount. That's when I ordered a Nosler M48 Independence in 6.5 CM.

I also ordered an Accurate Rifle Systems chassis for one of my Savage Strikers. I had a new stainless barrel in 6mmbr plus brass, bullets, dies etc so I'll set it up for that.

After the first of year, you can get the Kauger Arms Black Widow, in a single shot version with a left bolt, and left port.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.