Hunting Outfitters by State

I appreciate the post, OP.

Does anyone have any feedback in the outfitters he listed?
I can say for the KY ones listed, I have heard good things about Tad West Outfitters but before I booked with Whitetail Heaven I would definitely do some research because I have heard and read a ton of negative feedback over the last few years on them.

As someone above stated do your research and judge for yourself.

Interesting; but how is it determined who is, and who isn't, a top hunting outfitter in each state?
I am betting the top guides listed are contributors to the E-bike marketing campaign where the link takes you. I have been a lifelong resident of NV spending all of my time hunting, trapping or fishing and I have also been a hunting guide for nearly 20 years… I have never even heard of the top 4 guides in my state. In fact, I don't even see their names on the roster the State of NV posts each year listing licensed guides and sub-guides.

Yeah, some guy from back east whom probably doesn't hunt, comes up with a random list from the state outfitters website. Then labels them "the best". SMH

The top three outfitters in any state is subject to the eye of the beholder. For the hunting I do in my home state, the outfitters listed may be well known, but in MY opinion they aren't even close to the best outfitters in the state.
So I'd take it for what it is worth.

I see this thread as being a good starting point for people with experience to tell others what outfitters they would recommend and what ones they wouldn't.

I do a lot of research on this site.

I see this thread as being a good starting point for people with experience to tell others what outfitters they would recommend and what ones they wouldn't.

I do a lot of research on this site.
Well in that vein… I can only speak to who I know in NV to be ethical and fair with those hunters who don't choose/want to hire guides… I despise guides who block roads and 'save' animals for their hunters by running the animal off during a stalk by a non-client hunter.
These are the best guys in the southeastern part of NV for deer, elk and mountain lions IMHO.

Vantage Point Outfitting (.com)
7L Outfitters(.com)
PriceTrophy Hunts #pricetrophyhunts

One of the things I try to make sure on any outfitter is their license status and any complaints. Attached is a short list of State Outfitter Board contacts, State Outfitter Associations and a nice listing from NSSF on State Outfitter Associations. Not a bad idea to make sure who ever you select is actually has legal standing to guide plus has not had any legitimate complaints. NOTICE I said legitimate complaints. Not I showed up completely out of shape, couldn't hit a 55 gal drum at 50 yards or afraid of horses.

Attachments

• State Outfitter links.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 131
I appreciate the post, OP.

Does anyone have any feedback in the outfitters he listed?
Mountain Man Outfitters in Nevada will get you the level of trophy you went for... just be in shape! Most of the glassing is done by vehicle, but sometimes a hike up over a mountain to access hidden canyons that hold monster deer/elk/sheep/etc is necessary. Michael knows every inch of it by heart. This is done in and around the Jackson Mountains and Ruby Mountains areas around Winnemucca. This is high desert and base camp in town is at about 4500'. You may get as high as 9000' in the extreme, but altitude sickness is generally not an issue here. He has sub-guides who are friendly and produce huge trophies for the clients also. I would feel great about being paired with any of them. These are 1:1 hunts unless he has other options now. He was doing hunts for Mule Deer, Antelope, Elk, Sheep, and Mountain Lion. He has his own dogs.

Blackwater Lodge in South Carolina is the most worthwhile experience east of the Mississippi. You will see dozens of deer and perhaps get to shoot a dozen deer depending on how long you book for. For the sheer amount of action and quantity of deer meat, this is the place. The Southern cooking is second to none, also. They also do hogs, but they are free range only, so you might see one and you might not. You will DEFINITELY see deer, however!

Last edited:
I am betting the top guides listed are contributors to the E-bike marketing campaign where the link takes you. I have been a lifelong resident of NV spending all of my time hunting, trapping or fishing and I have also been a hunting guide for nearly 20 years… I have never even heard of the top 4 guides in my state. In fact, I don't even see their names on the roster the State of NV posts each year listing licensed guides and sub-guides.
Those outfitters didn't contribute anything. Some don't even know they made the list. We cast a survey in another forum and asked guys to reply with the outfitters they would recommend and when we had a few for each state we created a resource. Nobody pays to be on that list and if anyone believes different outfitters belong on the list we can edit it at will.

Yikes !!

@NVGuide who should we put on the list for NV?