hunting in the desert

ok I arrived in the desert of Majovi, fort irwin, so what the hell is there to hunt here???????? and where?

Ouch Lil Death Valley! I did 4 NTC's there...all I remember is spiders snakes lizards(big ones) and scorpions. And the hottest place Ive ever been!

Sorry cant help ya with the hunting. Maybe plan a trip to a nearby state.

I don't know how far the mojave natl. preserve is from you but there is some good quail shooting there during the season. There is also deer tags for that area available. . . although I didn't have any luck last year. .. very few and far between.

The rabbit shooting there can be phenominal, and there is coyotes around but I have yet to kill one.

Other than that, you're in the same boat i'm in. . . SCREWED!!! Not to mention that the mirage of summer makes LR nearly impossible. . .

Best of luck.

In the 80's (1980's) I used to go over on KelBacker Road (North side of 40) and shoot jackrabbits...there were a lot of them over there in the evening and early morning, we'd make a weekend of it. Kelbacker Road crosses I40 as it's coming North out of Amboy. I hunted California Valley Quail a bit but that was down at Camp Pendleton.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.