Hunting in Argentina

MartLewindhu

Hello there!

I'm planning a trip to Argentina. What rifle do you recommend to a deer-hunting novice?

Do you know any hunting lodge there?

I know your post is way old, but came across it and thought I'd toss up a response.
For a deer hunting novice rifle, a Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor is a great choice. Easy to get parts (like scope rings) for it because it is such a popular model. Accuracy is also usually quite good. The 6.5CM is a lower recoiling round that is very effective on deer size game and also seems to be loaded to high standards by the manufacturers, meaning the ammo itself will likely shoot quite well in any high quality rifle.

As for getting a gun in and out of Argentina, I didn't think it was even possible, but apparently things changed in 2015, so it is do-able. Read this for details:

As for a knowledgeable recommendation of a hunting lodge there, I wouldn't have a clue.

A hunting trip to Argentina sounds exciting. I know many people have gone there for birds (type of dove) for many years. I've never heard of someone going for deer, so that's unusual (to me.) Please come back and post about your trip and tell us how it went. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.