Hunting High Country Mule Deer Bucks By Allen Jones

Allen,

Great article and great looking country. I've spent some time in the high country and it is certainly nothing to be messed around with.

How many years does it take a person to draw that early rifle tag anyway?

AJ

Nice story, Allen. I did a couple backpacking trips up into the Sangres and remember their beauty and their ruggedness. I believe one trail we took was described as "arduous at best." Congratulations to you and your son for sharing such a great trip.

Allen:
Great story, just loved it. Nice pictures and an awesome looking buck.
I am sure you are very proud of your son, it is great that you can share those experiences with him.
I am looking forward to our hunt in Ecuador!!!

Last edited:
Cool!

I do agree with the unpredictable weather at high altitude. I been in it and it was worth it because I left early with a buck. The strong winds and coldness is brutal.

C:%5Cdocumentsandsettings%5CHP_administrator%5Cmydocuments%5Cmypictures%5Ccolorado%5C2009

Allen,
I enjoyed your article. I just drew an archery sheep tag for S9. I would love to talk to you about sheep in this unit.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.