Hunting ear protection

Rwb7380

Shooting a new 28 nosler with loud brake. What is everyone using for easy to access earplugs? Looking for something to wear around my neck and put in quick prior to shooting.

gearguywb

LRH Team Member
I use electronic plugs that I originally bought for shooting sporting clays. Especially in spot and stalk situations, its not that hard to slip them in before closing distances down. They still allow you to hear whats going on around you.

catamountsierra

3M Peltor ear buds, the TEP-100 ones. They are pricey, but they are comfortable all day, amplify quiet sounds if I want them to, and block sound nearly as well as any foam earplugs.

Deputy819

LRH Team Member
Looking for something to wear around my neck and put in quick prior to shooting.
These get decent reviews, but I admit I’ve never owned this type before. I do have the Walkers Razor Slim Ear Muffs (like jasonco) and they‘re great for my needs. Concerning the around-the-neck worn type I would worry about perspiration affecting them.....but then again I can run for 20 minutes and sweat for 2 days afterwards. You may not have that particular plague. 🥵

SEGARE

Wlaker Razor Slims muffs for me. I don't want to have to fiddle with seating a plug in a hurry while in the stand and they don't interfere with the stock for me. If I was spot and stalking where i could anticipate the shot and have time to prepare i would use a plug of some type.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce