Hunting ear protection

Rwb7380

Shooting a new 28 nosler with loud brake. What is everyone using for easy to access earplugs? Looking for something to wear around my neck and put in quick prior to shooting.

I use electronic plugs that I originally bought for shooting sporting clays. Especially in spot and stalk situations, its not that hard to slip them in before closing distances down. They still allow you to hear whats going on around you.

3M Peltor ear buds, the TEP-100 ones. They are pricey, but they are comfortable all day, amplify quiet sounds if I want them to, and block sound nearly as well as any foam earplugs.

Looking for something to wear around my neck and put in quick prior to shooting.

These get decent reviews, but I admit I've never owned this type before. I do have the Walkers Razor Slim Ear Muffs (like jasonco) and they're great for my needs. Concerning the around-the-neck worn type I would worry about perspiration affecting them.....but then again I can run for 20 minutes and sweat for 2 days afterwards. You may not have that particular plague. 🥵

I keep a set of the Otis 31db around my neck. They are handy as you can fold them up to pocket size as well.

Wlaker Razor Slims muffs for me. I don't want to have to fiddle with seating a plug in a hurry while in the stand and they don't interfere with the stock for me. If I was spot and stalking where i could anticipate the shot and have time to prepare i would use a plug of some type.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts