Hunting a corn field ?

We always bush hog it leaving 8-10 rows in the middle of the field they will come out and go to the standing corn then feed back out in to the open. Soybeans are awesome for getting bigger healthier deer helps the build up fat, good to carry does and fawns through winter.

I hunt fields that have corn in them on certain years and think its a pain. Seems like a waste to plant corn then knock it down to hunt. Why not plant something easy that will help out your soil for the next year plus draw in the deer like a rye/clover mixture.

Bio logic is what I plant and will continue to do.
I exposed another field that I planted last season , where I hunt even though it's outside city limits it's like hunting in the back yard .

I have one 200 yard window through a shooting lane and the rest is 100 yards or less.
For three years it has been successful but I feel I need more cover for the closer areas while keeping my bio logic plots.

My elevated box blind sets on a property line which I hunt the neighbor's property not the property on which it sits , there is no deer traffic to really speak of , all the action happens on the neighbors property.

I feel standing corn would help a lot for cover and the deer would feel calmer , it is really busy where I hunt.
I can cut through the corn for shooting lanes and expose the food plots.

Thanks !

I love hunting between a cornfield and a bedding area. I mean I like to hunt between a food source and a bedding area the majority if the time, but when there is standing corn, I really love to be there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.