hunter ethics, were have they gone?

Well, from what I have read, it appears as though "Ryan" felt like he did the right thing by recovering someone else's wounded deer. It also appears as though Mike was doing the proper thing by giving the deer time to die, perhaps bleed out from its wounds.

From my perspective, which is basically worthless, I see both sides, but knowing now what occurred, it can be argued that the two hunters should have had a discussion prior to anyone tracking the deer so this situation could have been avoided.

I find it amusing that you didn't tell him your concerns to his face about ethics. Everyone is a tough guy behind a keyboard. Ethics is like religion and politics. Keep your opinions to yourself. Who's to say what's right or wrong.

I would of had no problem talkin with him and I did approch him but he had more important things to do. As soon as he seen who it was he high tailed it. But I didn't want to start a fight just sharing a hunt i had a problem. That's all. And 300 ultra if you can tell someone else to keep their oppions to them self maybe you should do the same. Everyone have a happy thanksgiving

You didnt approach me till we ran into each other days later. I actually saw the botw jack and thought you were latt durrance. I didnt know it was you till days later.... Lets let things of the past be things of the past. We have all seen things we dont agree with wouldn't you say ryan?

I sure do mike. And like I said I was just sharing an experience I didn't agree with, didnt mention any names. Or call anyone out. So good luck with the rest of your season and nice buck ya got. Was it on that field?

My issue isn't having a new hunter in the field. That's great. It's that they literally track that deer about 5 yards. And gave up on it and clearly left it to rot.

SNIP.

Obviously written by a Superior Being!

Instead of approaching the hunter, you used your OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR intellect and super human ability to read minds. Then realizing that they left it to rot your Spiderman senses kicked in and you came to the rescue! WOW!

As a hunter your ethics are questionable!

Stealing another hunters deer!

INTENTIONALLY moving into their line of fire is not too smart!
You KNEW they were looking for deer in that direction and shooting that way...WHY?

Sorry, you had no business doing what you did without approaching them first!

edge.

PS this is only my opinion, but it is the correct one :)
Kidding, IMO, IMO, IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.