Hunt with a desert eagle 44 mag?

Snake Plysken1

Somewhat new to the this site, and very newbie to handgun hunting. I posted a reload question on the reload section on the MR Desert Eagle in 44 mag. Didn't even realize there was a section on handgun hunting till now.
Anyway, I purchased used a satin DE in 44 mag- came with two barrels, the standard issue and one that is round barrel, longer, and has a pic rail integrated on it. I assume this barrel is the hunt barrel, and am in the process of not only starting the reloads for it, but searching for a decent scope made for semi auto pistols. Never outfitted a pistol with a scope, just all rifles has been my experience. I'm assuming week that eye relief is a factor. Can anyone guide me on a decent scope that doesn't break the wallet?
Also, if anyone does hunt with one of these, can you let me in on the pros, cons, quirks, and drawbacks? I added drawbacks, cause the few I've talked to, had suggested I resell the thing, and that same person said that DE's are more of a novelty to own, and not so much practical in use. I haven't even begun to search past treads on a DE on here, but will soon, just to see for myself. Anyway, some insight would be welcome!
As always, thank you
SP1

I have often thought of giving one a try but never have made the purchase. I would like to kick the tires on a 10" some day. Good luck hope it works out for you.

Somewhat new to the this site, and very newbie to handgun hunting. I posted a reload question on the reload section on the MR Desert Eagle in 44 mag. Didn't even realize there was a section on handgun hunting till now.
Anyway, I purchased used a satin DE in 44 mag- came with two barrels, the standard issue and one that is round barrel, longer, and has a pic rail integrated on it. I assume this barrel is the hunt barrel, and am in the process of not only starting the reloads for it, but searching for a decent scope made for semi auto pistols. Never outfitted a pistol with a scope, just all rifles has been my experience. I'm assuming week that eye relief is a factor. Can anyone guide me on a decent scope that doesn't break the wallet?
Also, if anyone does hunt with one of these, can you let me in on the pros, cons, quirks, and drawbacks? I added drawbacks, cause the few I've talked to, had suggested I resell the thing, and that same person said that DE's are more of a novelty to own, and not so much practical in use. I haven't even begun to search past treads on a DE on here, but will soon, just to see for myself. Anyway, some insight would be welcome!
As always, thank you Long eye relief scope. I purchased Simmon's scope 2.5x and I like it a lot. For the money ,it is a good scope. My part-time job was working on DE 357,44,and 50ae eagles. I would disassembly and assembly the pistol for Titanium coating. This isgun) a very heavy pistol and not quick draw ,by no means. With scope mounted on the pistol ,you will have a hand full. They are good shooter with open sights. I worked on at least a 1000 pistol over the years I was doing the part-time. Magnum research got bought out and the guns were being built in Israel ,the partner company decided to build here states. They could not build them fast enough. The choice just to do parts and so I did not have a job after that. I had to drive over 30 miles and the pay was not the greatest.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.