HUNT REPORT -- ELK - LRH Group Hunt -2013

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Page forward to read about the results of this hunt.

Or click on THIS LINK to go there.

--Len Backus--

[FLOATRIGHT]
Elk2011010.jpg
[/FLOATRIGHT]Here is the announcement for our first LRH Group Hunt for elk. By the way, the 2015 Wyoming High Country Mule Deer hunt for 8 hunters that we announced 2 days ago is full. And there were 6 more guys who wanted in but were too late.

This new 2013 Elk hunt will be done by the same outfitter as the 2015 deer hunt.

To reserve you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check. Download the booking forum HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2013 LRH Group Elk Hunt. You also must email me when you have placed the check in the mail. Let me know your LRH screen name, your real name and contact info. [email protected]

Bull elk hunt:
•Hunt cost is $4,195
•License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2012), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2012)
•Non-Typical Outfitters
•Total of 8 hunters this time
•Bull elk
•85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
•Horseback
•Tent camp with hot shower
•High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
•Long Range friendly outfitter
•Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
•Oct. 27-31, 2013 (a 5 day hunt)
•Deposit of $500 is only requirement until successful draw in 2013
•One elk Preference point needed in Regular Draw. No points needed for the more expensive Special Draw.
•Wyoming general tag
•Buy one preference point now HERE -- by September 30
•You snooze, you lose!

Last edited:
To reserve you must first indicate in this forum thread that you are in and that you will immediately mail a $500 deposit check and a signed booking forum to the outfitter.

Mailing address in on the booking form.

As soon as checks and form are received by the outfitter you are confirmed.

Hunt booking Form

Somewhere on the form indicate that it is for the LRH Group elk hunt in 2013.

I would like to try to get regestered into the hunt for 2013 for myself and my hunting buddy. Perfectly willing to send a down payment imediately if we still have a chance at getting in. I see we will need to purchase a preference point by Sept 30th. That's no problem. Is there still time to register or are you alreay filled up?

Curtis, if you are ready to commit, you and your buddy are #3 and #4.

Please state clearly your intentions to immediately send in your form and check.

If Curtis commits here, there are 2 spots left.

Len
you ahve me down for #1 pr #2??

this hunt works great, I will be in CO for second week rifle then drive up there forthis one:)

Since there are spots left I will fill out the form and include the 500 dollar downpayment and mail it today. Do we need to go online and buy a perference points before the 30th of September?

Dale, I am coming and you are coming. You are NOT bringing anyone, is that correct.

Len
that is correct, by myself so I can pair up with anyone, I have shot a lot of game at 300-500 yards but in hunting rifles, heavy sporters. I am having a 7mm mag built in a long range platform so this will be great for me to learn. I hunt horseback at leaset once a year and will work hard at camp chores or anything needed.
Will be in WY next week for goats and mule deer, so for my first WY elk this will be great.
Dale

Len,
The form is filled out and check included and has been mailed.
I have purchased a perference point also. Thanks

Curtisban

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.