Hunt Report - 2016 LRH Group Coues Deer

ADMIN

Administrator
So fifteen years later, "El Diablo" returns to Mexico for a Coues deer hunt. I drove with my hunting equipment to the SHOT Show in Las Vegas and then down to Tucson, Arizona. I think the round trip was nearly 5,000 miles. I haven't flown with hunting gear in well over ten years.

We four hunters all met up in Tucson near the airport and drove for an hour to the border in the outfitter's vehicles. At the border we showed to the Mexican authorities our rifles and the paperwork we were required to prepare in advance of the trip.This took about 20 to 30 minutes and then we were on our way. The ranch is about 45 minutes from the border.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Hunt Report - 2016 LRH Group Coues Deer, By Len Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited:
Len I officially have a new favorite article by you. I really enjoyed reading about your adventure with those coues deer. The only thing missing from that article was me being there. Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you on this one.

Sweeeet success!! Living and hunting here in AZ I have yet to connect with one of these "gray ghosts" that scores in the 100's. I'm a little bit jealous looking at those dandy bucks!

All the country I hunt in AZ for the Coues is not an easy hunt. Having been on a couple of trips to Mexico, that country seems to be a little gentler and kinder to us old guys.

Great write up!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.