Hunt feeder consistantly - tips

Kinda jealous of all you guys being able to even SEE hogs while hunting for them. We have hogs here in Michigan but even feeding them never guarantees seeing one. Many have tried trapping them as well with zero success. They come in very very rarely to bait. During deer season is when most sightings occur on game cam and they are even rare.

Another reason ours are so shy of feeders here is most likely the same reason deer are., plenty of acorns... makes a difference.

Perfect example is on our old lease we would park 4 wheelers under our deer stands. Spreading scent walking was a bigger deal than noise. Try that on the lease we have now and you will never see one. Cannot leave a road on a 4 wheeler without running everything off. Adapt to your situation and try different things to be a more successful hunter.

We have 2 hunters walk in. One gets on stand. Feed then one walks out. Works well after they get skidish. No talking!
That is a very good tip. Deer cannot count. They see danger come and danger go. Killed some good bucks myself that way. Don't know if it holds true for hogs. Legend says they are smarter than dogs. Dogs can count. Some retrievers can remember where up to 10 birds fell.

Kinduv interesting hearing about others experiences. On my place I stay up watching TV in the evening and on commercial breaks I check my spotting scope to see if anything is on the sendero. When a hog shows up I lay'em down with my custom 300 WM and then go back to watching TV. It's also not unusual to have hogs walk up on me when I'm spreading out corn or recovering deads. And these hogs are pressured...believe me. At least once a month someone will be flying the surrounding areas with a helicopter shooting hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.