Humidity and guns....

Update: I got two 18" rods at Grice gun shop yesterday and will install them when I get home. Between that and my dehumidifier, I'm thinking I'll keep the rust away!

Update: I got two 18" rods at Grice gun shop yesterday and will install them when I get home. Between that and my dehumidifier, I'm thinking I'll keep the rust away!
That will be great. No worries now. Guns are expensive; goldenrods are inexpensive. Using one to protect the other just makes good sense. Rust and politicians - the enemies of all firearms.

Well, I got 'er done, guys! Unloaded both safes on the carpet, fished the wires through the "bolt-down" lug holes and mounted them horizontally at the bottom of each safe. Felt them heat up and breathed a sigh of relief! It probably wasn't necessary but I couldn't help but to coat my Cooper Jackson Game Rifle (.25-06) with some Rem Oil and give her a kiss before I left!

I run two dehumidifiers and they have kept my guns (and tools) rust free for 19 years. My only complaint is after trying DH's from all major makers never had one last more than 5-5.75 years and that is with constant care and maintenance.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.