Huge Ram amid worst Texas storm??... Yeah

Stud ram! Great pics, great story. Thanks for sharing. Had ankle surgery about 4 weeks ago. So can't coyote hunt this year. So this was a good fix for being home bound in MT.

Stud ram! Great pics, great story. Thanks for sharing. Had ankle surgery about 4 weeks ago. So can't coyote hunt this year. So this was a good fix for being home bound in MT.
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt !... that ankle will heal. It'll be like watching cactus growing, but it will heal. Ya just have to give it time on ITS OWN schedule. You will be out there again !!!...

Great looking ram! I've always wondered about hunts like this.....35,000 acres must not feel like you are on a "ranch"? I'd love to be the guy that own the 35,000 acres.....jeeez

Hey, I thought it would be a great idea to take a nice warm mid-winter hunt to far sw Texas. What a great way to break up the winter! Hah !!! In my experience, hunts that start off rough, often end up with a pot of gold at the end. This was one of those hunts. I'll attach some pics and let them speak for themselves. This was an Outfitted hunt which took place last week on a 35,000 acre private ranch @ 16 miles north of Mexico in the high desert. In fact, those far mtns ARE Mexico. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. This Ram was 31" on one side, 30" on the broomed side, with unbelievable mass. He was 13 years old. Scored 350.8 ( whatever that means ). Will place high in the book. Watched him and his buddies at 1347 yds. then worked around to an adjacent canyon and shot him at 400 yds. These sheep are quite tough and I was told to break the shoulder... so I did, with a 7Rem Mag shooting 180 gr Berger VLD Hunting bullets out of a Best Of The West rifle and Huskemaw 5x20. Set the pwr on the scope to 15 to increase fov and stay in scope after the shot. Love that gun/scope. No need for any "apps". Saves valuable seconds. Hold & shoot. The internal "level" is SUCH a nice addition. Great trip. Great Ram. Awful weather! Pics are taken where I shot from and also where the ram was.
Dude what a awesome hunt ! Great shot ! Great pics !! I definitely got to do that hunt !!

Hey, I thought it would be a great idea to take a nice warm mid-winter hunt to far sw Texas. What a great way to break up the winter! Hah !!! In my experience, hunts that start off rough, often end up with a pot of gold at the end. This was one of those hunts. I'll attach some pics and let them speak for themselves. This was an Outfitted hunt which took place last week on a 35,000 acre private ranch @ 16 miles north of Mexico in the high desert. In fact, those far mtns ARE Mexico. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. This Ram was 31" on one side, 30" on the broomed side, with unbelievable mass. He was 13 years old. Scored 350.8 ( whatever that means ). Will place high in the book. Watched him and his buddies at 1347 yds. then worked around to an adjacent canyon and shot him at 400 yds. These sheep are quite tough and I was told to break the shoulder... so I did, with a 7Rem Mag shooting 180 gr Berger VLD Hunting bullets out of a Best Of The West rifle and Huskemaw 5x20. Set the pwr on the scope to 15 to increase fov and stay in scope after the shot. Love that gun/scope. No need for any "apps". Saves valuable seconds. Hold & shoot. The internal "level" is SUCH a nice addition. Great trip. Great Ram. Awful weather! Pics are taken where I shot from and also where the ram was.
BEAUTIOUS! Well done!

What part of those crystal clear days was the Bad weather 🤣

Sweet! Congratulations!!! Got a love it when the plan comes together...😁

Congrats! That's a hoss ram. In the planning stages for fall nearby so really appreciate the write up.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.